grinding noise when turning>>> - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Chat · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT For discussions about the SRT, SRT Coupe, and ACR models.

grinding noise when turning>>>

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old September 13th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #1
Enthusiast

Fast md is definately JV with 265 pointsFast md is definately JV with 265 pointsFast md is definately JV with 265 points

lately i have been hearing a grinding noise coming from the RR tire when im turning to the left when in a parking lot or a u turn,also clicking noise from the u joints on both sides,the car has 32,000 miles i ve had it for a month now,is this normal?? i know it shouldnt be like this. any help will be appreciated.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 14th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #2
Enthusiast

unruuly is a B-Teamer with 106 pointsunruuly is a B-Teamer with 106 points
Did you change the diff fluid lately? Older posi units required an additive to keep 'em quiet. If not ,likely a CV joint going out.

Old September 14th, 2012, 08:48 AM   #3
Enthusiast

Fast md is definately JV with 265 pointsFast md is definately JV with 265 pointsFast md is definately JV with 265 points
thanks i'll check that out tomorrow!!

Old September 15th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #4
Enthusiast

Well i put the car on a lift today and checked everything, no sounds coming from anywhere, but i noticed the (L) halfshaft was new( at least not the factory one) and that somebody had dealt with the diff., since there was silicone all over it, other than that, no fluids, cv boots are looking new, , when i moved the tires while in the air no sounds coming from any part , just a little play on the driveshaft when you move it with the hand, not too much either, everything else looked almost brand new, it needed some grease in the suspension (which was done), so what do you guys think??

Old September 15th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #5
RacingSolutions.com

Will at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 points
Send a message via AIM to Will at RSI
I say don't worry about it now. Go ahead and send the car in for a Turbo kit install and we will figure it out for you while it's here.

Otherwise give me a call on Monday and we can go over a few things to help you figure it out.

Old September 15th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #6
Enthusiast

98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points
Send a message via AIM to 98intrigue
I had the same grinding. I changed the diff fluid and did the tranny fluid at the same time. I only had an hour or two of driving time before the motor went, but the diff wasn't making any more noises.

Old September 15th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #7
Enthusiast

unruuly is a B-Teamer with 106 pointsunruuly is a B-Teamer with 106 points
Make sure the diff has fluid in it!!

Old September 16th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #8
Enthusiast

Unruuly thanks i'll be changing it soon. Will, keep that tought, i am sold on your kits, just want to pay off some things before i keep getting in debt... ;-), plus i have like $6,000 worth of parts for my cherokee that im looking to sell in order to fix it's transmission and save some for the TT kit.

Old September 17th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #9
Enthusiast

Viper_M is a B-Teamer with 90 points
had the same problem until I added the Mopar friction modifier, the noise went away but then I just change my diff to 3.55
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.