Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

New Viper Classified: 2000 Dodge Viper GTS ACR Steel Gray Pearl w/Silver Stripes 1 of 46

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  catwood 
#1 ·
New Viper Classified: 2000 Dodge Viper GTS ACR Steel Gray Pearl w/Silver Stripes 1 of 46

A new Classified Ad has been posted to the Vipers For Sale section:

Description: I have an absolutely gorgeous 2000 GTS with ACR package, Steel Gray Pearl Silver Stripes Pearl with Radio and A/C option. 1 of only 46, 2000 Steel Gray with striped ACR's! Beautiful Car!

This car was bought brand new, taking factory delivery in the spring of 2000 for nearly $90,000; as of today it has 18,303 miles on it. I am the second owner and have owned the vehicle for just over 2 years. VIN: 1B3ER69E8YV604778

I have all the original paperwork and documentation, window sticker, color brochure for 2000 ACR and Viper Promotional "Magic Carpet Ride" DVD

When you see the ACR package, with the silver BBS wheels with Steel Gray Pearl paint with Silver Stripes you will notice they look perfect together. In the sun it has a blue gray purple hue to it, the finish on this car is smooth almost flawless. This was the only year for this color and I remain amazed at the number of times I hear this is someone's favorite color and car. Car has never seen rain, snow, etc. nor has it ever been raced or ran hard, and as always been stored in a heated garage.

What is the ACR?
"American Club Racer" (ACR) Model initially introduced spring 1999:
• Homologated for club racing
• Smooth intake tubes and K&N air filters (Rated at 460 HP)
• Special ACR Badging and decals
• Black interior only
• Racing harnesses with ACR Logo
• 18" BBS Forged Racing Wheels
• Koni Adjustable Shocks, Bump and Rebound Adjustable
• Different Springs
• Delete Fog lights, Radio (and antenna booster) and A/C
• Optional comfort group cost $10,000 to add Radio, antenna booster and A/C

Upgrades (all non invasive):
• All upgrades are non invasive (holes, etc) and are reversible.
• Exhaust - Belanger ceramic coated Tri-Y headers, Random Technology Metal Substrate Catalytic Converters, TNT 3" Cat Back modified with Borla Stainless mufflers.
• Have all original exhaust components to return to stock
• Hurst Short Throw Shifter with MGW Snake Head Shift knob
• OE shifter and shift knob included
• Roe Silicone radiator hoses w/built in bleed valve (black color)
• HID headlamps installed within factory housings, no cutting of wiring was necessary. Easily reversed by unplugging the assembly and reinstalling the factory bulbs (included)
• Roe Racing -- After Run Fan Timer, allows fan to run during heat soak after parking, uses a medical grade timer and thermal sensor applied to the outside of the thermostat housing with a zip tie, works flawlessly. Run time can be adjusted from about 1-5 minutes, automatically restarts as necessary
• 3M clear bra has been applied to protect from chips, areas protected are:
• Fascia, Headlamps, Mirrors and leading edge of roof, Inner lip of all 4 wheel wells, Almost entire side sill, Hood half way up, NACA duct and behind rear tires to protect from gravel
• Can be removed as desired
• Frame upgrade reinforcement gussets (service bulletin) performed at Dodge dealer. This was precautionary on Dodges part to address frame/steering mount stress seen in racing situations with bigger tires.
• Dodge Viper car cover included, with Sneaky Pete stitched on front.
• Engine or transmission never opened up
• Inconel Custom Heat Shielding
• Header shields, full side sill application which is a clone of factory only sized and made better (replaced factory aluminum which was melting), custom heat deflectors at exhaust turn out on both sides to deflect heat from foot well, rear pan insert installed over factory pan shield, wraps on rear mufflers to keep heat from hitting differential, custom inserts inside 4" exhaust tips as well as a unique shield at rear outlets to protect rear fascia from radiating heat after parking. Inconel is used in high heat and military applications, very expensive and very effective

• Rear Calipers upgraded to "Tom's Rear Brake" (research on Viperclub.org). Provided significant improvement in brake balance, this was a bolt on
• Bled brakes and clutch every couple years.
• Transmission lube and rear differential lube changed as well with factory product
• Clear side markers on front

My ACR was produced at the end of the KONI shock run, before the switch to dynamic suspensions shocks with higher spring rates; you can search on this on the site. I prefer Koni Racing Shocks, bump and Rebound are easily adjusted and have adjustable height capability which can be used to lower or for corner weighting/balancing the car. Spring perches have never been changed from factory settings. Bump and rebound factory settings were set at the lowest setting on delivery.

If you have any questions or would like more information about the car please let me know and thanks for looking.

Ad link: click here to view ad

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.