Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

T56 vs Tr 6060 transmission

14K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  Viperchad 
#1 ·
I'm not feeling a big difference between the new TR 6060 transmision in my Z06 vs the T-56 that is in my Viper. I mean don't get me wrong. The 6060 does shift A LITTLE BIT more crisp, but it's not a world of a difference like some folks have said. So does anyone else here share the same feelings?

#9 ·
My "built" trans feels like a dump truck in my car. I swear I can shift the NV5600 in my cummins better than my GTS.

I'm really thinking about going the TR6060 route in my GTS.

#12 ·
Thanks for the posts.

A little off topic, but has anyone driven a Viper with a Donato built T-56? The reason I ask, is because DC Performance is going to swap out my stock T56 for a Donato re-built one with close 5th and 6th ratio gears..

#21 ·
1tony1 used the same clutch he had for the t56. The stock 08+ clutch is twin disk but the transmission does feel noticeably different even without clutch. The throw is probably 35-40% shorter and it seems very unlikely that you could do the damaging 3rd to 2nd gear shift. I had this problem a couple of times in my 97 about 12 years ago.

#22 ·
Using a Mcleod street twin with the TR6060, we had to shim things a bit. Not sure how much, but it was needed. For the Gen 3, if you get the TR6060 you'll also need the driveshaft for the TR6060 or you will need to shorten your 03-06 driveshaft. Other than that, it's a direct replacement.

#24 ·
Tony installed the 6060 in my '96 and it's a world of difference. I have the SPEC stage III clutch...not the twin disc. SImms, you can drive mine in a few weeks and see what you think.

#29 ·
Once we get this bull shit weather out of here and you bring that bitch over to get cleaned up, I'd love to see how much nicer it feels in your car.

You could probably change the fluid and see if that helps.
I'll do that again, but the current fluid only has about 1000 miles on it.

#30 ·
SRT guys posted something on this yesterday. Might want to review it, but I think they said it would shift smoother with the Dextron IV in the trans vs the 75-85W Castrol gear oil.

#32 ·
Another note. You might want to check availability. The last one I ordered was the last one "at that time" That was back in November though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.