Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Twin turbo self install

5K views 52 replies 16 participants last post by  SNKEBIT 
#1 ·
I'm down to the vacuum hose routing for my TT setup that I'm finally finishing up, and I can't find any info about what hooks up to where.... Isn't there a schematic out there somewhere that shows where all the tubing goes. I've tried google a couple times and nothing usefull comes up. Maybe I'm not using the right key words.
p.s. I am installing a Henn. T.T. off of a gen 2 on my gen 1. It didn't come with any info:D

#5 ·
Hook the blowoff valves to a port on the intake between the throttle and engine.

Wastegates should use its own feed if your using a boost controller. I like to hook it to the intake manifold as well (combine both banks with a T), send that single feed to the boost controller, then T again and out to the wastegates. If they are dual port wastegates it's a little different, goto Tial's website for that hookup.

-Dave

#13 ·
kinda right.. any hole AFTER the TB....
boost gauge (if you dont want to read vacume) can be connected anywhere.
wastegates need a boost only source. (think about it... spring opens at the PSI..., not under vacume) then your BOVs should hook up to a boost / vacume source. Fuel presure regulator, if a 1:1 rising rate should be hooked up to boost only (or else the FP WILL drop under vac)
im in white bear, if your close by i could stop by and try to help you get it sorted out. never done turbos on vipers, but done a few other cars.

#17 ·
yup. on my looly srt-4, with the FPR seeing vacume, it would stumble and fall on its face at idle do to the computer used to more fp while crusing (6- 9 vs 12- 13 at idle)
so yea, just good practice when running the external fpr that has a boost ref to use a boost only source.

#21 ·
does the get1 viper have the Short tirm fuel trims / long term fuel trims? (the NGC from dodge does and its a Pita with that) then again. thats where i have always had problems with the vacume ref on the FPR's...the long term would start to take out fuel as vacume went closer to zero (more fp) (cruising freeway), then when i would get on side streets again, have horrid stumbles. only cure was to take the fpr and run a boost only source.

#31 ·
If you have the HKS racing Blow off valve, you can reference the second inlet to be a pop-off valve, but if you have too much boost, it is because your wastegate springs are too big or you have your manual boost controller messed up in some way.

Reactions: Plumcrazy68
#33 ·
I pull my foot out of the throttle when I see 11-12 lbs of boost on the dial. I'm pretty sure if I kept my foot in it, the boost would be alot more. I'm pretty sure I have my boost controller hooked up right cuz if I turn it up, the boost will come on faster. I have Tial wastegates, I'll prolly have to take them apart to see what kind of spring is in there.:cursin: I seriously don't need over 10-11 lbs. of boost...... holy shit.:D Thing pulls like a freight train.

#42 ·
I would just take off the boost controller. Those suckers are very sensitive and at times hard to adjust. You can easily overboost with a boost controller.

So ya just run the wastegate spring only without boost control and you'll know how much boost your running.

btw. Shame on you for not knowing your wastegate spring and going full throttle. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.