How much do you tip a car transport driver? - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Chat · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

How much do you tip a car transport driver?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old July 17th, 2003, 06:24 PM   #1
Enthusiast

ATEAV8 is unremarkable with 10 points

Elite is picking my car up tomorrow & I was wondering what you tip the driver each way?

Andy
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: How much do you tip a car transport driver?
Old July 17th, 2003, 06:39 PM   #2

2BADD 4U is unremarkable with 10 points

HMMM.... good question...I was so excited when my FE GTS got here I forgot all about it!

Dave

Old July 17th, 2003, 08:09 PM   #3

Excess made Varsity with 890 pointsExcess made Varsity with 890 pointsExcess made Varsity with 890 pointsExcess made Varsity with 890 pointsExcess made Varsity with 890 pointsExcess made Varsity with 890 pointsExcess made Varsity with 890 points

What are you getting done at elite?
PICS OR BAN !!!!!!

Old July 17th, 2003, 08:11 PM   #4

E-Slab is not afraid of bears with 7040 pointsE-Slab is not afraid of bears with 7040 pointsE-Slab is not afraid of bears with 7040 pointsE-Slab is not afraid of bears with 7040 pointsE-Slab is not afraid of bears with 7040 pointsE-Slab is not afraid of bears with 7040 pointsE-Slab is not afraid of bears with 7040 pointsE-Slab is not afraid of bears with 7040 pointsE-Slab is not afraid of bears with 7040 pointsE-Slab is not afraid of bears with 7040 pointsE-Slab is not afraid of bears with 7040 points

i tipped 50 bucks when my car LEFT for Heffner's. if my car comes back nice, i'll tip 20 bucks.....

Old July 17th, 2003, 08:38 PM   #5
Enthusiast

I meant intercity, for some reason I had the word elite stuck in my head. Must have been thinking something else. I think I was looking at poser mods. Car is going on vacation to Florida.....DLM... He HE HE!!

Andy

Old July 17th, 2003, 08:47 PM   #6
Schadenfreude Connoisseur

Smokin is not afraid of bears with 10830 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10830 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10830 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10830 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10830 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10830 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10830 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10830 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10830 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10830 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10830 points

I didnt ever tip. Figured I paid the outfit over $1K to ship each way. IF they damage the car they pay, and I doubt they would do anything else, far more exotic cars grace those transporters than a viper. If you are worried, its probably be smart to tip the driver $50-100 on the way out, but on the way back, chances are the tuner wont tip the driver, so accept the car and call it good.

Old July 17th, 2003, 08:58 PM   #7

JH23JOB is unremarkable with 10 points

I transport cars all the time throughout the 48 states, and I've never been tipped. Although one guy in LasVegas gave me 20 bucks after I brought him his car, and told me to go relax, and have a couple drinks. I guess I would call that a tip, but I just thought it was a hell of a nice gesture.... Thanks !!

Old July 18th, 2003, 08:12 AM   #8
Enthusiast

Thanks everyone. The time has come, my baby is leaving...for a little while.

Andy

Old July 18th, 2003, 08:18 AM   #9

City made Varsity with 1343 pointsCity made Varsity with 1343 pointsCity made Varsity with 1343 pointsCity made Varsity with 1343 pointsCity made Varsity with 1343 pointsCity made Varsity with 1343 pointsCity made Varsity with 1343 pointsCity made Varsity with 1343 pointsCity made Varsity with 1343 pointsCity made Varsity with 1343 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSnakeGTS
i tipped 50 bucks when my car LEFT for Heffner's. if my car comes back nice, i'll tip 20 bucks.....
Red's got it right. If you get the opportunity to tip BEFORE the trip, then sometimes it does some good. After the fact...well it becomes a courtesy call [img]/images/graemlins/supergrin.gif[/img]

Old July 18th, 2003, 02:06 PM   #10
Diamond Supporter

King GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 points

A hearty Thank You and a firm hand shake. That's all I've ever tipped them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.