Iridium Spark Plugs with a Roe Blower - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Chat · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Iridium Spark Plugs with a Roe Blower

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old May 11th, 2006, 09:48 AM   #1
Enthusiast

ViperBing is well liked with 160 pointsViperBing is well liked with 160 points

Has anyone had any luck using Iridium plugs?

If so, which brand and model did you use?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2006, 10:20 AM   #2
Diamond Supporter

Viper TT is not afraid of bears with 12523 pointsViper TT is not afraid of bears with 12523 pointsViper TT is not afraid of bears with 12523 pointsViper TT is not afraid of bears with 12523 pointsViper TT is not afraid of bears with 12523 pointsViper TT is not afraid of bears with 12523 pointsViper TT is not afraid of bears with 12523 pointsViper TT is not afraid of bears with 12523 pointsViper TT is not afraid of bears with 12523 pointsViper TT is not afraid of bears with 12523 pointsViper TT is not afraid of bears with 12523 points
I've used the Iridium plugs on my TT setup and ran great. The only problem I've run into with iridium plugs is when using leaded gas. Leaded gas will contaminate the plug and cause misfire problems. I've ran into this problem on the Viper and the Supra with leaded gas and iridium plugs.

As for the brands, I've tried the Denso's and NGK's and haven't noticed any difference on the dyno. The only difference I have found is the price. NGK Iridiums can be ordered at any Advance Auto parts for around ~$7 each where the Denso Iridium plugs are going for ~$12 each.

NGK BKR6EIX - Stock # 6418 - 1 Step colder than stock
NGK BKR7EIX - Stock # 2667 - 2 Steps colder than stock

The BKR7EIX worked out the best for my TT setup. Since I used leaded gas, I ended up going with an equivalent copper plug NGK BKR7E(#6097).
Stryker Cylinder Heads / ProEFI Engine Management
6.96@215.75mph on DR's

Old May 11th, 2006, 11:44 PM   #3

KenH hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsKenH hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsKenH hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsKenH hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsKenH hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsKenH hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsKenH hangs with the Hiddens with 710 points
I have run the NGK BKR6EIX Iridiums with my Roe setup. They worked very well and come pregapped at .28 which is about right for the Roe setup. I am now trying the Champion RC10ECC extended tip plugs and the two seem very comparable.

Old May 12th, 2006, 07:05 AM   #4

DynoDaddy made Varsity with 1250 pointsDynoDaddy made Varsity with 1250 pointsDynoDaddy made Varsity with 1250 pointsDynoDaddy made Varsity with 1250 pointsDynoDaddy made Varsity with 1250 pointsDynoDaddy made Varsity with 1250 pointsDynoDaddy made Varsity with 1250 pointsDynoDaddy made Varsity with 1250 pointsDynoDaddy made Varsity with 1250 points
Send a message via AIM to DynoDaddy
the best plugs so far for my Supercharged and now Turbo setups are the NGK BKR7EIX - Stock # 2667 pluugs. They seem to be less susceptible to fouling and have a stronger spark that does not blow out at higher pis levels. Mine come pregapped at .032
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.