Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

VID of TOOOFST's car idling with new heads and cam

4K views 51 replies 28 participants last post by  SoundPerformance 
#1 ·
VID of TOOOFST\'s car idling with new heads and cam

Hey TOOOFST,
Found a vid of your car idling and a small rev after the heads and cam were installed. Sounds nice. Need of vid of it once the engine is warmed up though and the idle drops a little.

http://www.stangsource.com/host/download.cgi?id=1104

#12 ·
Re: VID of TOOOFST\'s car idling with new heads and cam

Nice to meet you also Chris. I did not get home until about 10:30 last night, walked in the house, and the wife asked me if I was watching someone dyno their car!! She is learning.

TOOOFST, let me know how it went!

martyb

#16 ·

TOOOFST said:
Their dynoN this morning with all the right Software and info from Roe(DAVE) and,Thanks to JJJJJDAWWWWG.

Paolo and Chris,you'll always be faster but i've got the ricer bling with sound and chrome roll bar.lol

Lets hear some numbers Scooter/scotty/tooofst

#17 ·

So far we've had a learning curve with the VEC2,due to the fact the car will break up around 5000r's when warmed up.
The Vec seems to be doing it's job,but now have to determine whether this condition it somewhere in ignition,or valve train.
On a positive note when the car was cold we ran 535rw/550tq.
SOUND PERF LARRY HAS FIGURED OUT THE VEC,and said Sean/Dave at ROE were very helpful.

Worst case is the car should keep viper respect when lurking Z06's pull their squirrel balls out for a run.

Thanks again to PRTJET and Albert(BRAKES PLUS) Heads/CAM install.

Marty we should have some fun with your 550S/C beeotch.

#19 ·

Way to go Tooofst. Those are some nice numbers. Just think if you could run and tune the car up to the potential of the cam. We know the problem isnt ignition and the vavle springs match your cam specs perfectly.

That leaves the 1 thing we talked about and that others have run into. Only takes a few minutes to fix marginally, but unfortunately it doesnt cure it entirely.

John

#20 ·

JJJJDDDDDAAAAWWWWGGGGGG,

Albert the motor builder,has plans to check the valve train,rockers ect.
SUPRA LARRY did the your recommended resister install(dave talked him through it).
LARR
also -0-'d out for driveability,and the serging went away.
Hope to finish tomorrow or I might be sponsoring their worlds fastest SCION.
Peace

#23 ·

ahhhhhh. the sweet sound of heads/cam. i see you also have the prestigious enigma of the >5000rpm miss. i can feel the pain for ya there. been there done that, fixed that...PM me and i can add some .02worth thatll be worth much more, unless of course you may have already figured it all out as i am, of course, a month to a year behind on my posts here :fist:

so what made your ass finally do some real manwork on that bucket?

sounds nice..almost as nice as the V10 MOJO :smooch:

#24 ·

VVVVVV10MMMMooooooJJJJJOOOOOO!

You've had a miserable year or two with La Machine.Fortunatly you met Joe D.
Although when you got a hottie like Loretta who the FK needs or cares about the
car.
You've got PM bro
thanks.

"Sounds nice..almost as nice as the V10 MOJO"......TRUE I REMEMBER
the drive in traffic from chitown,the looks,the sound,and I couldn't believe the low temp through traffic.

...................Albert......Ofcourse Bro.....Between you and UNCLE LARR on the DYNO....WELL GET R DONE!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.