Car is running "rich." Would colder or hotter plugs make a difference? - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Chat · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Car is running "rich." Would colder or hotter plugs make a difference?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Car is running \"rich.\" Would colder or hotter plugs make a difference?
Old May 17th, 2004, 04:58 PM   #1

J DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 points
Car is running \"rich.\" Would colder or hotter plugs make a difference?

Have heads and cam on the car and the car continues to set "rich" codes. I know this will not solve my problem, since it seems to be vacuum related and plan on utilizing a device to alter fuel and timing, however generally speaking does one run a colder or hotter plug when experiencing a "rich" condition?
How about gapping the plug and how does that affect combustion?

Plan on using Bosch 2 prong plugs and before buying wanted to hear what you guys thought about the heat range of the plug.

John
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Car is running \"rich.\" Would colder or hotter plugs make a difference?
Old May 17th, 2004, 05:14 PM   #2
Diamond Supporter

_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points
Send a message via AIM to _Mark_ Send a message via Yahoo to _Mark_

Plugs have more to do with compression and/or intake temps - so I don't think you want to bother.

If you have heads/cam I'll assume you have headers too. The VEC2 would probably fix you the best.

Old May 17th, 2004, 07:12 PM   #3
Enthusiast

Martin D is unremarkable with 10 points

It won't help with your problem.

How rich are you running?? And do you have have a baseline or A/F prior to the mods??

Regards,

Old May 18th, 2004, 12:41 AM   #4

Captain Bli is well liked with 150 pointsCaptain Bli is well liked with 150 points

Plugs wont help the air fuel ratio

Old May 18th, 2004, 01:58 PM   #5

J DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin D
It won't help with your problem.

How rich are you running?? And do you have have a baseline or A/F prior to the mods??

Regards,

Do not have a baseline A/F. Will be adding a wideband soon. Just continue to set rich codes. I DO realize plugs are not a solution. Just curious "generally" speaking, not even Viper related, do people change plugs to a different setting in conjunction to adjusting timing and fuel. If not, what is the purpose of having hotter and colder plugs?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.