Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

2000 TNT King Snake Viper GTS

5K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Viper4Christ 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I am planning on buying a 2000 TNT King Snake Viper GTS. Besides the videos on Car and Driver, PowerBlockTV and the normal performance information HP, 0-60mph etc.. I can not find any information on them. I know the company went out of business quite awhile ago. What I am interested in knowing is the following.

1) What octane gas do you need to run, so I do not hurt the engine.
2) Are there any books, service information or certificates that came with the car. The one I am going to buy only has the normal viper factory books.
3) Are there any problem areas with the King Snake. Is there something I really need to inspect before buying.
4) Are there any good websites that contain valuable information.

The car is in very good shape and only has 6,000 miles on it, but with TNT being out of business I am concerned about knowing how to maintain the car and documentation if a major mechanical issue comes up in the future. Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
Looks like heads, cam, and stroked from what I understand 92 octane should be fine I would think. 700 hp is a lot but not compared to some of the monsters on this sight, if this is your first fast car( viper especially) I would start out slow or u will be in a world of shit with all that power, gen 1 vipers stock can be a handful

#5 ·
I did read that some people may not have gotten all of the modifications they paid for, which is not acceptable. However, the price is very similar to a stock viper GTS and it probably does have more performance than stock model. However, I do not want to end up with a car that is known not be be reliable and have mechanical failures. This is where I need help from the experts on the forum. Hope this makes sense.

#9 ·
RE: RACIST NAME Black King Snake

Hello everyone. I am planning on buying a 2000 TNT King Snake Viper GTS. Besides the videos on Car and Driver, PowerBlockTV and the normal performance information HP, 0-60mph etc.. I can not find any information on them. I know the company went out of business quite awhile ago. What I am interested in knowing is the following.

1) What octane gas do you need to run, so I do not hurt the engine. 92-93 is fine
2) Are there any books, service information or certificates that came with the car. The one I am going to buy only has the normal viper factory books. No idea what it came with, but if you buy it get a service manual IF you are doing the work, if not SEARCH here and ask if a search does not come up with stuff
3) Are there any problem areas with the King Snake. Is there something I really need to inspect before buying. What area are you in? Offer up $100 or whatever to a member here to look with you-it is WELL worth the little investment. If you are known here, you can usually get it done for dinner, free, beers or whatever, but even $200 will save you a TON if the car is fubared.
4) Are there any good websites that contain valuable information. Yes, Nigerianlotto.com is a terrific resource built exclusively for the Kingsnake client.

The car is in very good shape and only has 6,000 miles on it, but with TNT being out of business I am concerned about knowing how to maintain the car and documentation if a major mechanical issue comes up in the future. Thanks for your help.Lastly, this is not an issue, it has mild mods and is most likely 500-600 RWHP max and if you can work on regular cars, the Viper is no different-in fact they are easy to work on made for car guys by car guys.

Welcome to the Alley, now go be a good boy and read about all your issues in Anything Goes-we have already seen your account before here.

#10 ·
TNT built good cars. Greg good can possibly help you on what was done on those builds, typically all well built. its just a built motor heads/cam car, nothing special

#12 ·
I was looking at that car a couple of months ago. Decided not to good for it. Too many unknowns. Miles was off between AutoCheck showed 28,015 but car had 5,483. Girl tried to BS and say DMV keying mistake. Had no records for maintenance, service and the aftermarket stuff. The even say 'to our knowledge nothing aftermarket has been done to the vehicle.' When I asked playing dumb.

Who has it now? It was at Holt in Texas when I was looking at it.

#13 ·
That is the exact same car. It is in Chicago now. The carfax shows one mileage entry of 28k and the rest very sequential from zero to 5,700 miles. The 28k entry is in the middle and the car was listed for sale in Texas. What did you think about it.

Thanks to everyone that has posted. I have had sports cars in the past but not a viper.

#14 ·
Holt is a dodge dealer. Looks like they dumped at auction or someone bought it and is now dumping it.

Good luck it is your money. I go on the side of caution and since the dealer had nothing for the car was not worth the $35k or $37k (cannot remember) they were asking.

Car is at Global? Looks to be sold and the asking was $46.9k. I passed at it when it was $10k less.

#15 ·
I do NOT trust a Carfax-they show my black Viper as wrecked while I had it because my tire went flat from hitting a big ass chunk of concrete and a NJ state trooper filed a report!

#16 · (Edited)
Regardless of the condition of the car, this quote from the C&D article on the car provides a nice perspective of how great we have it now in terms of performance car choices.

"For sale in America's showrooms right now, for instance, are 12 street-legal automobiles producing 400 or more horsepower."

12. Wow. 400 is the new benchmark for pickup truck engines.

#18 ·

2) Are there any books, service information or certificates that came with the car. The one I am going to buy only has the normal viper factory books.
3) Are there any problem areas with the King Snake. Is there something I really need to inspect before buying.

The car is in very good shape and only has 6,000 miles on it, but with TNT being out of business I am concerned about knowing how to maintain the car and documentation if a major mechanical issue comes up in the future. Thanks for your help.
I am the original owner of this beast and had it built by Roy and Joe of TNT. Email me if you want to know more. Lbarton769@aol.com

#19 ·

I am the original owner, email me and I will give you the particulars Lbarton769@aol.com

#20 ·
Larry we appreciate your interest in helping out here. However, this post originated in 2014 and it is extremely unlikely that he still has the car, or frequents the board any longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.