Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

projected value of the Viper 20 years from now?

7K views 46 replies 24 participants last post by  Chuck 98 RT10 
#1 ·
I recently sold my 1967 Camaro to buy a 2nd gen Viper which I always wanted.. This gote thinking on the projected value of the Viper as a future classic car. In 1967 Chevrolet made over 220,000 Camaros and they are all worth a decent Chunk of change now, with even the rarest Z 28 model in the 16-18,000 production numbers.

In contrast my 2002 RT10 was produced in the neighborhood of only 550. I'm curious to hear everyone's opinions on what the 92-2002 Vipers will be worth 20-30 years from now with such few numbers being produced. .

#14 ·
Well, its 12 years old now and its worth 1/3 of its original MSRP. QUOTE]

Lol, wrong. I paid about 2/3 of MSRP for my b/w 97, and the car is 17 years old. I'd say these cars will be going up in value as it is one of the only cars produced since the 60s/70s era that has beautiful lines, amazing power, and a solid engine/tranny.

#12 ·
Agreed. And fwiw the early viper production numbers are actually way less than the lamborghini. .Food for thought..

#7 ·
If the collector car market remains in place the Viper will be a respectable choice. Based off history that will take 40 years but who knows what the collector market will look like in 40 years. For one thing, there aren't that many car people being born these days compared to 50-60 years ago.

I'm driving mine. 159,029 miles and counting.

#10 ·
Oh I drive the ever living crap out of my cars! Which is another reason I bought the Viper. To drive it!!

#28 ·
I agree completely with the buy it because you like it and drive it often, thinking. That being said, vintage corvettes at one point would not bring $500 The ones I own sold for around 5K in 1975 and are worth about $30-40K for a nothing special car. depending on the time. I had to pass on a 1967 corvette convertible 427 because I did not have the 10 k they wanted for the car. It was perfect and all original. That car today is about 150k. That is with cars that sold for $3500 to around $6000. So if Viper does as well driven or not it might be worth some nice change.

#29 ·
The viper probably has one of the lowest production numbers for any modern American car. You have to assume as time goes on and people keep crashing these things they will only get more amd more rare..

#41 ·
Think about it....when these car first came out they were on every magazine cover, on posters, as models.... Even today the latest style has gone back to incorporating many of the iconic the Gen 2 lines. It is a car that turns everyone's head. It is definitely an enduring design that will go up in value (some day). Recommend buying if because you love it.. not for an investment. Have fun with it and the value will take care of itself.

#43 ·
I have always wanted one since the early 90's. I rented one in Vegas back in 2000 and never got past being bit by the snake. I had many cars since and always reverted back to wanting a 2nd gen viper with windows and air conditioning. Things finally aligned in my life where I was in the position to purchase a clean title 2002 RT10 for $29,000 from a guy in which his wife was making him sell it to start a family. Driving the viper with all the creature comforts it has is a pleasure. It is slightly less raw than the first gen Vipers but the ease of rolling up your windows and turning on your a/c when caught in bad weather make the trade off worth it. Like I said I have owned many cars but the Viper is by far the most favorite car I have ever owned..

#44 ·
Things finally aligned in my life where I was in the position to purchase a clean title 2002 RT10 for $29,000 from a guy in which his wife was making him sell it to start a family.
I've always wondered who the guys were that put up with this shit? These people are grown ass men who work for a living and yet they get bossed around like a schoolboy who's getting beat with a ruler by the nuns. It's humiliating. Of course, after he sold his car, that mouthy broad probably went out and spent the 29 grand on designer baby clothes and a nice Japanese compact SUV. Yuck. I respect guys who are willing to make a sacrifice for their family when the going gets tough, but seeing dudes who just fold when some woman who's probably 100lbs north of her prime starts bitching induces douche chills. Glad you benefited from that guy being a pussy though. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.