Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Gen 2 Aftermarket Radio

9K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  gage 
#1 ·
Hey guys just wondering if there are any threads dedicated to aftermarket stereo setups in gen 2s. Also any how toos on installing a deck with the stock stuff? I am looking at upgrading soon but I am not sure the route I want to go. Thanks.

#5 ·
I am looking at adding a Kenwood single din deck so I can stream my music from my phone like I do in my jeep. I was planning on just adding a deck for now and then doing a single sub, speakers, and a 5 channel amp later on. I read somewhere though that you need to run all new wires to the amp to make it work, if that is the case then I would just wait and do it all at once.

#7 ·
Getting wires from the dash area to the trunk area is pretty easy just requires removing interior panels. Probably equates to a weekend project to strip the interior and bolt in parts and run wires. Way more time if you're gonna have to fabricate.

#10 ·
I have a Pyle Flip out head unit with touch screen, BT and GPS if you want it. I pulled it out of my GTS before I sold it. The pre-out is only 2V on the head unit but I'll throw in a Massive Audio EQ to bump it up to 4V and add an extra layer of control....even has a output to add a sub amp and controls for the sub. Pretty slick setup.

If $300 shipped sounds good let me know. That's the head unit, GPS upgrade and EQ.

#18 ·
8 Pin Adapter

RE: Adapter... Thanks for your input. Can not find this part anywhere, and been to three different auto shops. I will call my local Chrysler shop for this part. I was ready to remove panels from interior and rewire everything.

Thanks Again!!!

This is half of the equation when taking the easiest path to upgrading the gen 2 headunit. Ill put up the other info if you want it. Chrysler Jeep Dodge Viper Alpine Stereo Radio Amplifier DIN to RCA Adapters New | eBay

Its worth the money to just buy the cable...Ive built a few and this is a bargain for the trouble it saves.

#19 ·
You can search for a 8 pin DIN adapter.

OR... Just splice right into the cable. reference the manual for what the pins are.

OR... Just rip out the shitty head unit, amp, wiring and speakers and start FRESH. That's what I plan to do this winter.

#22 ·
Splice into the 8 DIN. I tried an evening of soldering my own female 8DIN adapter but the joints broke. I got pissed off and bought butt-joints (hehe, butt) and just spliced right into the 8 din itself. I took off about an inch or so off the 8 din so if I need to return to stock I can re-joint it together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.