Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

New Viper Classified: Feeler: RSI 1500 TT Viper

9K views 89 replies 31 participants last post by  Paolo Castellano 
#1 ·
A new Classified Ad has been posted to the Vipers For Sale section:

Description: * I am still debating selling this car, but I am posting this as a feeler. I will sell/trade the car for the right deal.*

Make: Dodge
Model: Viper SRT-10
Year: 2005
Miles: 6,400
Transmission: MT
Color: Black/Black

Additional Pictures:
http://dwstevens.smugmug.com/Cars/Keiths-RSI-1500-Viper/27098464_LhgJ4w#!i=2274013917&k=v5FX6cQ

The car run on either pump 93 fuel,E85, or a blend and makes ~1200whp/ 1300tq on E85.

All work was performed by Racing Solutions (RSI) www.racingsolutions.com and the car was tuned by John Reed.

The extremely low mileage car runs looks and runs perfect. It is very easy to drive around town even at its highest power setting, as long as it is kept out of boost.

I don’t need to sell this car, but I figured that I would post it up for anyone wanting a fast and reliable car in immaculate condition for TX2K, Texas Invitational or any of the upcoming racing events. Building a car of this caliber in time for these events would be extremely difficult and expensive. My current work schedule will more than likely cause me to miss these events, so I am tossing around the idea of passing the car to someone who can take full advantage of it.

There are no issues with the car, and it can be vouched for by RSI and any other members who have seen it in person. The majority of the work was performed in early 2012.

Invoices can be provided upon request.

Modifications:

Turbo System

RSI Twin Turbo System

· Garrett GT-35 Turbos with 1.06 AR

· RSI custom manifolds and piping

· Tial Q Blow Off Valves

· Tial Wastegates

· RSI Custom Exhaust

· RSI front mount intercooler

Engine:

RSI 522ci Stroker for 1500HP Short Block

· RSI Custom Modified OEM Crankshaft

· CP Pistons with Upgraded Pins and Rings

· Oliver Rods

· Clevite 77 Bearings

· Billet Main Caps

· Darton Sleeves

· Machined and Blueprinted

· Full Balance

· ARP Head Studs

· RSI Main Stud Kit for Viper with ARP 2000 Studs

· ATI Damper

Greg Good Heads

· Stage 3 “Race” Port and Polish

· Oversized Stainless Intake Valves

· Oversized Inconel Exhaust Valves

· Double Springs

· Comp Spring Cups

· Comp Tool Steel Retainers

· Chromoly Locks

· Solid Bronze Guides

· Comp Custom Camshaft

· RSI/GG Lifter Upgrade

· Comp PushRods

Fuel System:

RSI Stage 4 Fuel System with E85

· RSI Billet Fuel Triple Pump Hanger

· Triple Walbro E85 430 Pumps

· RSI Billet Fuel Rails

· Fuel Line kit with Filters and Fittings

· Fuelab regulator

· RSI Regulator Bracket

· RSI Billet Throttle Cable Bracket

· Injector Dynamic 2000cc Injectors

Transmission:

· RSI Billet Carbon Triple Disk Clutch with Heat Treated Steel Flywheel

· MGW Short Shifter and Knob

Engine Management

John Reed Racing Pectel SQ6

· Traction control

· Flex Fuel sensor adjusts power based upon ethanol content

· Zeitronix E85 Sensor and Content Analyzer

· Tuned by John Reed

· Custom wire harness

Wheels/ Brakes / Suspension

Lightweight SSR Wheels (18x11 & 18x13)

· 275/35/18 Nitto Invo Front Tires (<200 miles)

· 345/35/18 Mickey Thompson ET Street 2 Drag Radial Rear Tires (<1000 miles)

Brembo GT Rotors (Front & Rear)

· Hawk HP+ Racing Brake Pads

· E-Brake Relocation kit to fit 18in rear wheels.

Eibach Lowering Springs

Accessories

· Kenwood Head unit w/ custom passenger foot well subwoofer.

· MGW brushed aluminum interior dress up rings

· Viper engraved door sill plates

· Custom gloss black engine and turbo kit w/ engraved valve covers.

· Front bumper and front fenders protected by paint protection film.

Looking to trade for a Gallardo or 2012-13 GTR, but all trades will be considered.

The Viper can also be purchased for $95k.

Feel free to email me at khayata@gmail.com with any questions.

Ad link: click here to view ad

See less See more
#7 ·
Yes, I just purchased it November of last year.

As bad as it sounds, this car is basically too nice for what I want to do with it.

I enjoy going on cruises, going to meets, and running on the highways. This car is in such great shape visually and mechanically that I almost feel bad putting miles on it.

So basically, I'm giving someone the opportunity to own this perfect car who can appreciate the low mileage, build quality, and take it to the racing events.

If it doesn't move....no big deal. When it gets warmer, I'm just going to drive the hell out of it and not worry.

#10 ·
^^^^ Only reason I ask is that a while back someone told me that people don't hold on to TT cars for very long. This seems to bear that out a bit.

#17 ·
Freaking amazing car and at that price is a steal!!!! This would definetly be an awesome deal for somebody not having enough time to build before all the upcoming race events and in a time crunch... GLWS

#26 ·
To play devil's advocate (I have nothing but respect for Hyph and Will):

Are SRT TTs worth that much? The TT bee I bought was $62k. I sold it for $70k with a ton of extra parts. It had been through a few different shops, and Stacy, the second owner, said he probably had $200k in the car. Yeah, you couldn't go out and buy a stock 9k mile GTS and throw a huge UGR/RSI build on it for $62k, but that's kind of the nature of the beast. You get pennies on the dollar for mods. That, plus given that a handful of TT GTSs have sold in the 40s, 50s and 60s makes me wonder why the anticipated sales price is what it is on this SRT vert.

I'm not a big SRT guy, so I don't really keep an eye on prices. Is that normal or are you hoping some rich, impatient fuck wants to play before TX2K? :D

Reactions: Hyph
#28 ·
To play devil's advocate (I have nothing but respect for Hyph and Will):

Are SRT TTs worth that much? The TT bee I bought was $62k. I sold it for $70k with a ton of extra parts. It had been through a few different shops, and Stacy, the second owner, said he probably had $200k in the car. Yeah, you couldn't go out and buy a stock 9k mile GTS and throw a huge UGR/RSI build on it for $62k, but that's kind of the nature of the beast. You get pennies on the dollar for mods. That, plus given that a handful of TT GTSs have sold in the 40s, 50s and 60s makes me wonder why the anticipated sales price is what it is on this SRT vert.

I'm not a big SRT guy, so I don't really keep an eye on prices. Is that normal or are you hoping some rich, impatient fuck wants to play before TX2K? :D
It only takes 1.

#27 ·
i hung the engine bay picture of this car in my bathroom... so when im getting a blumpkin... i can stare at its sexxxiness at the same time

#29 ·
considering the build level of this car is extremely high, plus very very low mileage SRT, I could see it pulling 90k considering most well built TT Gen IIs (motor included) would pull 55-60ish and a stock Gen IV is pulling about 80-100ish depending on specs and options (at least from what I see, I have no experience with Gen IVs personally.)

GLWS Keith. hell of a car. on that note does anyone want to trade me for a stock GEN IV vert in great shape?

#30 ·
I knew there would be questions about the sales price of this car when I posted it. For this reason, I chose to post this up on Viper Alley first before any other forums, so that I could answer any questions regarding the car or my sales price before any doubts or rumors started. As I stated before, I do not need to sell this car nor necessarily want to. I am giving someone the opportunity to own this car that can appreciate it and take advantage of its low miles, build quality, and performance more than I can.

My pricing is based upon the following:

1) Base price of the car: Only 6400 miles

2) Quality of parts in this car: Lead times on GG heads, John Reed Pectel tuning, sleeved engine etc.

3) This car has been built solely by RSI: Not a Frankenstein car fixed and changed by multiple shops who can't figure out what the other one did.

4) Car is backed by RSI: RSI knows this car well and can stand behind the build quality of the car.

5) Car is turnkey: For any of you who have built a car, you know that this is a huge factor. Being able to drive off in a car and not having to spend the time waiting and incurring additional costs during your build is almost priceless to some. Some of you ballers have multiple fun cars to play with, but when your sole fun car is down for almost a year... it starts to wear on your emotions pretty bad.

This car is not for everyone.

I'm selling it for the price that I am willing to separate with it for. I know that I will never be able to build a car like this again, so I am not going to just give it away especially when I don't need to sell it.
Yes, I know you can build a TT car and make around the same power for less. If you solely want a go fast car then this is probably not the car for you. If you want a car with turnkey reliability, no stories, and looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor, then maybe this car may be the right one for you.

Cliff Notes: This car is too nice for me. If anyone wants to buy it before I drive the hell out of it, I am going you the oppourtunity. I don't need to sell it, but I know what it takes (time/money) to build a car like this. This is the price which makes it worth it to me to sell the car.

#33 ·
I'm selling it for the price that I am willing to separate with it for. [/B][/I]
Like Jason said, you get pennies for the dollar on mods. When the sale price that you are willing to part with the car comes down to $65K let me know. I'll buy it.

#32 ·
I've wondered the same thing. I'm going to sell mine in once it warms up a bit. People wonder why people sell TT cars, I assume it varies. For me, I've done all the stuff I've wanted to do with this style of car. I prefer old cars for now. Everyone has their reasons, which aren't always tied to the car itself (meaning it has problems, etc). The process of having a car built is fun and if you have the means is worth going through. Mainly, so you'll appreciate the savings when a deal like this comes along lol.

I hope you do get your asking price, will make it easier for me to sell mine lol. Granted mines an auto, which hits a different demo than yours.

#36 ·
Jason your car was purchased during a poor market and all the Vipers were bringing less money at that time. As I remember it was a older build and you fixed a few things on it. You still stole that car :) A built engine and engine managment can make the world off difference on price. To make one today would still cost much more than 95k. I would have to think about if I would sell mine for that or not and I sell everything.... Anyone need a wife LOL.

#38 ·
That's true. UGR would no longer claim it as one of their builds because of the myriad of shops it'd been through. Most of the stuff I fixed was aesthetics and street car shit, with the exception of the transmission when it blew up. Everything else was the wheels/tires, adding in the front bumper support, roll bar, harnesses, A/C, new seats, stereo, door hinges, etc. However, I don't think I've seen a TT GTS sell for more than what mine did; most hover around the low to mid 50s.

Low miles or not, the car had been a drag car so it was probably the roughest 9k mile car out there but it was a fucking monster. I just was wondering about the market climate for TT SRTs...stock for stock the prices on SRT verts and GTSs are pretty similar, so I was curious about this car's price. No doubt someone will get a very clean, very fast car with a reputable shop that stands behind it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.