Gen 3 seats in a gen 2 brackets? - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Chat · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Gen 3 seats in a gen 2 brackets?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old January 21st, 2013, 11:08 AM   #1

twinturboterror is not afraid of bears with 3231 pointstwinturboterror is not afraid of bears with 3231 pointstwinturboterror is not afraid of bears with 3231 pointstwinturboterror is not afraid of bears with 3231 pointstwinturboterror is not afraid of bears with 3231 pointstwinturboterror is not afraid of bears with 3231 pointstwinturboterror is not afraid of bears with 3231 pointstwinturboterror is not afraid of bears with 3231 pointstwinturboterror is not afraid of bears with 3231 pointstwinturboterror is not afraid of bears with 3231 pointstwinturboterror is not afraid of bears with 3231 points

I came across a pretty good deal on some gen 3 seats and have heard good and bad but have only seen pictures of them and never in person. I was curious as to what is needed?

one of the things I have heard is they look out of place, as they are a bit large and may rub the doors when installed, ruining the bolsters? If there are any other pics that may be worth posting please do so. I would greatly appreciate it!

The main reason why I am considering this is, they are all black with a blue lettering and inserts to match my 96. Thoughts/concerns????
Advertisement

Old January 21st, 2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Landscaping Professional

GTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 35571 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 35571 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 35571 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 35571 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 35571 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 35571 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 35571 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 35571 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 35571 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 35571 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 35571 points
JackB had a very good thread on this recently.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 21st, 2013, 05:01 PM   #3

martyb is not afraid of bears with 3916 pointsmartyb is not afraid of bears with 3916 pointsmartyb is not afraid of bears with 3916 pointsmartyb is not afraid of bears with 3916 pointsmartyb is not afraid of bears with 3916 pointsmartyb is not afraid of bears with 3916 pointsmartyb is not afraid of bears with 3916 pointsmartyb is not afraid of bears with 3916 pointsmartyb is not afraid of bears with 3916 pointsmartyb is not afraid of bears with 3916 pointsmartyb is not afraid of bears with 3916 points
My Gen 2 had Gen 3 seats when I bought it and I barely fit. In my opinion they are a bit too wide and the seat bottoms a bit too long for the car. I am 6'1" and about 210. I put Gen 2 seats back in and I fit the car much better. The Gen 3's were more comfortable though. Good luck.

Old January 21st, 2013, 11:49 PM   #4

Drlee50 made Varsity with 1374 pointsDrlee50 made Varsity with 1374 pointsDrlee50 made Varsity with 1374 pointsDrlee50 made Varsity with 1374 pointsDrlee50 made Varsity with 1374 pointsDrlee50 made Varsity with 1374 pointsDrlee50 made Varsity with 1374 pointsDrlee50 made Varsity with 1374 pointsDrlee50 made Varsity with 1374 pointsDrlee50 made Varsity with 1374 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
JackB had a very good thread on this recently.
This

He used the stock gen 3 brackets and modified them .His thread posted exact details of the modification to the brackets. looked pretty easy to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.