Rebuilt Viper - Page 2 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Chat · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Rebuilt Viper

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old January 16th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #21
Finger Licken Good

Mister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 points
For that price I would buy one today.

I need a project to install a TT Slant 6 in.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 16th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #22
n00b

jgroce1985 is unremarkable with 10 points
Well If my wife decides she doesn't like driving it I will be selling it for that price so I'll let you know...Thanks everyone for your help....

Old January 17th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #23
Enthusiast

1995viper is a B-Teamer with 149 points1995viper is a B-Teamer with 149 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgroce1985 View Post
Well If my wife decides she doesn't like driving it I will be selling it for that price so I'll let you know...Thanks everyone for your help....
I just called about this car since it's for sale on autotrader and their saying you never bought the car? Something fishy, you come on here saying you bought it but their saying your loan was approved but you never actually bought the car and backed off because your wife didn't want it, which is understandable but saying it's yours is a little you know.

Anyways I'm not too sure this car is that good of a deal, I called on it and it was a barn find, it's been sitting for a few years and they changed all the fluids supposively and fired it up but never even drove it longer than here to the gas station so I'm not too sure I would put up $17,500 on a car that has never been driven longer than one mile after it was sitting for a few years. I'm sure it's going to take a few grand to get it right and that would put you in the 20's for a car with a rebuilt title? So just some FYI for people that see the car for sale. When I asked if they cleaned the injectors they said no, I would think something sitting for so long would get the injectors clogged up from build up, maybe someone else can chime in?

Old January 17th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #24
n00b

The car was mine. ....I got approved to purchase the car through my bank, but it was pouring down rain for the last three days and snowing...So they took it off the market and it was mine with the condition of the test drive...After sleeping on it over night my wife decided we didn't need it...I have still been going back and forth with thinking about buying it...I do know that the car had sat for 6 years in the barn and wasn't drove...I have no reason to lie to you...I also know it was leaking fluid under the car...And you are right they haven't drove the car at all...This is one of the reasons I'm going back and forth with buying it...Also the hood has about and 8 inch long crack that went all the way through to the bottom..So that will have to be professionally fixed as well and repainted..The paint on the rear bumper is also cracking and bubbling...sorry if my post is messed up or misspelled..I'm typing from my phone...

Old January 17th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #25
n00b

Also the car sounded to me as it may have muffler problems, or exhaust leak...Maybe that's just how they sound being I have never owned a viper, but that's how it sounded...The dealers are super nice people and they are getting a lot of calls on it, but problems is you can't really test drive when its raining and snowing...I have really good pictures of the car if you are interested in having them...Also it did smoke when they fire it up and it was warm when I got there cause I could feel the engine heat, so not to sure why it would be smoking in a heated garage, not like it was cold...I will say though the frame looks awesome and if you look at the carfax I posted the car only had like 2 thousand miles put on in the last 10 years, which can't be good for it either...and its had A LOT OF OWNERS..

Old January 17th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #26
Enthusiast

Quote:
The car was mine. ....I got approved to purchase the car through my bank, but it was pouring down rain for the last three days and snowing...So they took it off the market and it was mine with the condition of the test drive...After sleeping on it over night my wife decided we didn't need it...I have still been going back and forth with thinking about buying it...I do know that the car had sat for 6 years in the barn and wasn't drove...I have no reason to lie to you...I also know it was leaking fluid under the car...And you are right they haven't drove the car at all...This is one of the reasons I'm going back and forth with buying it...Also the hood has about and 8 inch long crack that went all the way through to the bottom..So that will have to be professionally fixed as well and repainted..The paint on the rear bumper is also cracking and bubbling...sorry if my post is messed up or misspelled..I'm typing from my phone...
No problem at all, sounds like you did the right thing by not buying it. That car makes no sense, it's leaking fluid, rebuilt title, needs new tires. They forgot to mention the part about leaking fluid when I called. So they want 17,900 for a car that will probably need 4 to 5k in work then you have 22 or 23k in a car with a REBUILT title when a few have sold for a little less with a CLEAR title around the same year. What did they say when you asked them about the leaking fluid?

Old January 18th, 2013, 05:17 AM   #27

plumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 86730 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 86730 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 86730 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 86730 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 86730 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 86730 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 86730 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 86730 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 86730 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 86730 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 86730 points
fucking wives....never let a bitch make your calls. fuck her. unless she makes more than you and i doubt it. she has no say in how you spend your money. thats BS

but you can tell her how to spend her money either.

signed
dear plum

Old January 18th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #28
n00b

Ummmm my wife isn't a bitch and she said she didn't want the car... I own a 65 mustang Fastback and a 68 mustang Fastback...so this car was for her not me I care less about vipers...just not my style...and yes she makes a lot more money than me...why you think I married her ;-)....joke

Old January 19th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #29
Enthusiast

Cheeto is definately a better person than you are with 400 pointsCheeto is definately a better person than you are with 400 pointsCheeto is definately a better person than you are with 400 pointsCheeto is definately a better person than you are with 400 pointsCheeto is definately a better person than you are with 400 points
Quote:
...Today I purchased a 1993 viper ...I paid $17500... I had to buy right away ...
Quote:
...Buyers remorse ...The car ran like a champ ...There is a small crack on the new hood maybe about 4 inches long, ....
Quote:
...I have still been going back and forth with thinking about buying it... ...Also the hood has about and 8 inch long crack ...
You bought it but you didn't buy it.
It has a 4" crack but it has an 8" crack.
It runs like a champ but it leaks fluids and has an exhaust leak.

Old January 19th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #30
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
You bought it but you didn't buy it.
It has a 4" crack but it has an 8" crack.
It runs like a champ but it leaks fluids and has an exhaust leak.
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. He clearly stated he bought it but never did? The car sold to someone else but I sent him a pm to try and call him and ask him about the leak since he drove the car but never heard back. People like that are exactly why you can't trust anyone on the internet LOL. No offense but clearly came on here lying when he clearly NEVER bought the car.

Old January 31st, 2013, 06:06 AM   #31
Enthusiast

jhills14 is a B-Teamer with 70 points
Can I piggyback off this thread???

My viper is getting repainted and the bodyshop has a 2001 yellow GTS that was a total (sideswiped) and was rebuilt/salvaged.

The bodyshop owner is an acquaintance, and would be willing to sell it. He wants to drive it this summer but would be looking yo sell during the fall and told me to make an offer.

35k miles
Salvage title approved by PA so is registered and good to go
No frame damage, was all cosmetic.
Parts repaired, not replaced. Hood and all...

So I ask you viper experts, where do you place the value?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.