Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Build Thread: RSI Twin Turbo Street Kit Install (Gen. 2)

31K views 250 replies 51 participants last post by  Anarchy99 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Many of the RSI turbo cars tend to be taken to shops to be installed or maybe someone has done one at home but not done too much documentation. I am doing the whole install with Disturbed01 in the garage like the kit was made for :) I want to document how the parts arrive and what they look like etc so everyone can see from beginning to end.

What we will be installing:

RSI Twin Turbo Street Kit ( This is our primary concern to document EMS/Gauges I will try and include as well )
67 Upgraded Turbos
Custom 3" Cat Back Exhaust (Thank you Tiff)
Will need custom connector pipe
AEM EMS
AEM Serial Datastream Gauges
Dual Pillar Pod (Thank you Blacksnake)
Raptor Shift Light

Tool List (Besides basic hand tools):
Air Compressor w/ accessories (Going to purchase, recommended)
Impact Wrench (Going to purchase)
Jack stands/Ramps (Owned)
Floor Jack (Owned)
Air Body Saw (Going to purchase, RSI recommended)
3.00 Hole Saw (Going to purchase, RSI REQUIRED)
1.75 Hole Saw (Going to purchase, RSI REQUIRED)
Hole Saw Arbor (Going to purchase, RSI REQUIRED)
3/8" NPT Tap and Corresponding Drill Bit (Going to purchase, RSI REQUIRED)

I can finally kick this off with some pictures, below is what I have received so far. Waiting on turbos, bovs, wastegates, fuel system, small stuff like second air filter and the AEM EMS:

See less See more
#110 ·
Okay update for this week, ARD started the car on Monday and man they are FAST I can see why RSI uses them they got so much done in one day. The turbos showed up today and we are only waiting on wastegates, BOVs and fuel rails. I believe the WG and BOV should be there anyday and fuel rails hopefully following behind soon.

So we are def. on track... hopefully I will have some really good updates end of next week sometime?

#116 ·
Talked to Chris at ARD today, fuel system is virtually done I have fuel rails on the way (thanks PrimeTSI). I know turbos are in Chris had not checked yet on the BOV and WG hopefully there as well, he was out most of the week. But everything else is good, they are sending the valve covers and manifold to get powder coated since mine look like shit. Also ordered some mufflers and converting to side exhaust, Scorch's car was my inspiration sounds like a jet plane lol. Going to have my 3 inch custom Heffner cat-back exhaust for sale I bought from Tiff awhile back here soon once the car is done :)

I have to thank Will he sent Chris a set of updated headers (tubular) as well last minute!! Everything should be coming together, cannot wait to see where we are at end of next week.

#118 ·
Alright so ARD has everything they need now (injectors arriving Monday) and they are powder coating my valve covers and intake manifold. I am also have Chris convert the car to side exhaust so will be selling the 3 inch Heffner Exhaust I bought from Tiff :)

Here are just some random pics that 1.8t was nice enough to take when he was there and that Chris emailed me:

#124 ·
I do not have final numbers yet. ARD was wrapped up with other projects and I told them I would finish tuning the car myself. My connection cable should show up this Wednesday and I hope to have final high boost numbers within the next few weeks(will be gone on vacation for a week so that will hinder progress). Slowly but surely...

#147 ·
look when you two queers are done sucking each others dick can we get some damn dyno vids, more pics or something in this thread. I mean come on, they are gonna legalize your guys vows soon anyway so stay on topic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.