Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Build Thread: RSI Twin Turbo Street Kit Install (Gen. 2)

31K views 250 replies 51 participants last post by  Anarchy99 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Many of the RSI turbo cars tend to be taken to shops to be installed or maybe someone has done one at home but not done too much documentation. I am doing the whole install with Disturbed01 in the garage like the kit was made for :) I want to document how the parts arrive and what they look like etc so everyone can see from beginning to end.

What we will be installing:

RSI Twin Turbo Street Kit ( This is our primary concern to document EMS/Gauges I will try and include as well )
67 Upgraded Turbos
Custom 3" Cat Back Exhaust (Thank you Tiff)
Will need custom connector pipe
AEM EMS
AEM Serial Datastream Gauges
Dual Pillar Pod (Thank you Blacksnake)
Raptor Shift Light

Tool List (Besides basic hand tools):
Air Compressor w/ accessories (Going to purchase, recommended)
Impact Wrench (Going to purchase)
Jack stands/Ramps (Owned)
Floor Jack (Owned)
Air Body Saw (Going to purchase, RSI recommended)
3.00 Hole Saw (Going to purchase, RSI REQUIRED)
1.75 Hole Saw (Going to purchase, RSI REQUIRED)
Hole Saw Arbor (Going to purchase, RSI REQUIRED)
3/8" NPT Tap and Corresponding Drill Bit (Going to purchase, RSI REQUIRED)

I can finally kick this off with some pictures, below is what I have received so far. Waiting on turbos, bovs, wastegates, fuel system, small stuff like second air filter and the AEM EMS:

See less See more
#75 · (Edited)
Tial bov's are at RSI, I also went ahead and ordered 2 AEM serial datastream gauges from Will to go along with the AEM EMS I bought from them :)
That should all ship soon, fuel hangers are being anodized so we are close on fuel! Turbos and wastegates should be shipping from Precision to either myself or Will end of week. Things are coming along nicely.

#76 ·
Well with Disturbed schedule and the fact that I managed to tear a rotator cuff in my shoulder it looks like there is a chance the at home install might not work out :(

I have to say that RSI is kicking ass right now to help me out and get my TT done at ARD in Atlanta. I will keep the thread updated as to what happens, I was looking forward to doing this on my own but may have to have surgery before I can start on the project in March. Big props to Will for working with ARD to make this happen on short notice. Either way this thing is going on as soon as possible whether its ARD or Disturbed and I doing this in March with my f'ed up shoulder haha.

If it does go to ARD I will make sure and still add as many pictures as possible so everyone can see what the stuff looks like in person.

#78 ·
Thanks Keith!

Well flight is booked home from Atlanta next Sunday! Driving the car to ARD Motorsports next weekend, dropping it off for install and will obviously head back to ATL when its ready. Kind of sucks obviously that this DIY was planned and cannot execute. But can't always predict schedule changes and should injuries haha.

Either way I will ask ARD to try and take pics of as much as they have time for like they did for 1.8T while his car has been there. I will try and remember to take a picture of the car in front of ARD too to mark the road trip completed :)

#90 · (Edited)
I didn't say that you inconvenienced me. And I didn't go online talking trash about you at all. You let your friend do the dirty work for you and start bashing us. I simply made a comment in defense without trying to throw you under the bus.

I am available by phone if you need to talk. You can text if you want. You have my cell number.

And you are 100% correct.. This is my fault, I was delaying the shipment based on a wrong assumption that I made about our deal. I just went back through all the details and communications and although a stupid deal on my part, I made a deal with you that I need to live up to.

I will be in touch with Chris and get him the final parts. He will get your install started this week.

#91 ·
I didn't say that you inconvenienced me. And I didn't go online talking trash about you at all. You let your friend do the dirty work for you and start bashing us. I simply made a comment in defense without trying to throw you under the bus.

I am available by phone if you need to talk. You can text if you want. You have my cell number.
Your post above makes it sound that way that this deal will never be done again as if I am the guy at fault. I have no control over what anyone posts Will, he asked me how long I have waited for and said what he wanted to say. I send my own messages to you with my issues, I can just as easily post my own thread if I felt like "bashing you." I feel like I have been pretty cool about everything but I am about at the end of my patience with this, especially when my car left the garage.

#94 ·
Dirty work? lol.

There have been countless threads on this forum with people that have had similar issues. Most of them end with the excuse of "miscommunication" and you take responsibility saying it was your fault.

You "miscommunicate" A LOT.

Now you are saying you could have sent the kit but "wouldn't"? WTF is that about? You won't send someone a product that they have paid for? He drove his car to a shop 8 hours away under the assumption that he would get what he paid for. You told him all kinds of stories of parts being on back order (for 7 months, come on?) and now you simply come out and say you could have shipped his kit but wouldn't. Meanwhile his car is 8 hours away sitting at a shop for no reason.

I will say it again, why people still do business with RSI is baffling.

#96 · (Edited)
Matt,

I just got off the phone with Josh. We talked about it and this is handled. Yes it is my fault, not a miscommunication, but my mistake in my actions.

People do business with RSI because we offer a premium product, we stand behind it, and don't try to hide that our /my customer service needs work. We ultimately take care of our customers, and fix our mistakes. And we are continually working to improve this aspect of our company.

And like I mentioned in the other thread, these kits are shipping 2 weeks from order date now.

#98 ·
Matt,

I just got off the phone with Josh. We talked about it and this is handled. Yes it is my fault, not a miscommunication, but my mistake in my actions.

People do business with RSI because we offer a premium product, we stand behind it, and don't try to hide that our /my customer service needs work. We ultimately take care of our customers, and fix our mistakes. And we are continually working to improve this aspect of our company.
Thanks again for the call, it seems like we are on track now.

pretty sure he meant he wouldn't do that type of "special" transactions any longer not because he couldn't but because he chooses not to. the amount of hate in you runs deep, pretty funny as well.
Hope your not talking to me, I think you are directing this at a different response? If I hated RSI I wouldnt be spending money with them lol. Frustration is not the same as hate.

#97 ·
pretty sure he meant he wouldn't do that type of "special" transactions any longer not because he couldn't but because he chooses not to. the amount of hate in you runs deep, pretty funny as well.

#102 ·
Yep this is all true, I think the timeline just needs to be set on a more realistic level from here on out. Will said he is getting my kit out this week to ARD so hopefully everything will be all squared away shortly and I can fly out to ATL and get the car soon.

#104 ·
Haha yea it did get off topic a couple times. I am assuming since Will said ARD will get the kit this week that it will be shipped tomorrow or overnighted Thursday. I will keep the thread updated, I was told the turbos shipped from Precision as well but have not confirmed with ARD yet if they are there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.