Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Change of plans going back to N/A will I be disappointed

4K views 45 replies 18 participants last post by  Zentenk 
#1 ·
Well the deal on the second Paxton kit fell through. So after talking to Greg good we are just going n/a 10:5.1. I guess I could hold on longer but the car has been down for 6 months waiting on a kit and I just want it running. Plus I could use the money for the house refi. So to the point, I'm a little let down but do you think it will be as fun as if it had a paxton?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#12 ·
Well I finally got my greg good heads and cam and my car is at A&C being put put back together. We have run in to some trouble getting things to run right and it is not yet making the power I was hoping for. So far it is making 572 to the wheels but I will not quit until its making at least 580. I do have to say the car sounds nasty as hell! Im very excited about the build. I have not driven my car for 6 months. I know that Todd will get the bugs worked out. He always takes great care of me and his finished product is always worth it. The cam that we were sent may be too aggressive. We are trouble shooting some other things first but I know we will hit my goal. 600 seems a bit lofty on a gen II but if any of you have any ideas on squeezing the extra power out I am open to suggestions.

#13 ·
What intake do you have? On JMB's website, it looked like he went to the Gen III style intake even on Gen IIs, hence my 600 estimate. With a Gen II intake, I think your numbers (around 580) sound pretty good. You will just have a little more down low.

#17 ·
Shit, the numbers are that high? Not to hijack the thread, but my car has JM heads (not Stryker, but his Stage II CNC program for the stock casting), a Greg Good-spec Comp Cam, B&B headers, Corsa 3" catback with gutted cats, 70mm Accufabs and the JMB box. I can get the exact specs on the cam, but what should I be looking at ballpark?

#27 ·
I had paid in full. The first dlm kit was suppose to come off a car coming in to get a completed build. The owner backed out after 3 months of waiting and left RSI and me high and dry. The second get was suppose to be plums old kit. It was sold to someone who wanted a refund. There is some trouble getting that kit back for reasons I would prefer not to speak about since its between RSI and him. It was suppose to ship this weekend and it didn’t. At this point I had to make a call by Saturday since Greg was 98% done with the heads and need to know that day if it was going to be a 9:1 boost motor or a 10:5.1 N/A motor so I made the call and That was I do not have a blower in hand and didn’t know how plums kit was going to work out. After 6+ months I just want the damn car back together im not waiting any longer and to be honest this blower money was deployment savings money that I more and likely should have just saved. I just jumped on the deal when it came available now I think I’ll just pay off bills with it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.