MS3 Standalone EMS for Viper. Thoughts? Opinions? - Page 3 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Chat · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

MS3 Standalone EMS for Viper. Thoughts? Opinions?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old December 13th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #41
Enthusiast

red50trimsrt is a B-Teamer with 79 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Snake View Post
Welcome to the forum.

The OP clearly asked for input on using the MS3 on a VIPER. He also correctly placed the thread in the tech discussion are for Gen I/II's (a NON Smack Talk area BTW).

Please keep your responses on the given topic and refrain from smack talk in this thread. Also, myself and the other mods are fully capable of determining which threads need to be locked but thanks for the tip.
Thanks red snake, I understand that I was getting off topic. But no need for smart ass comments from the OP when I was trying to be helpful as I intend on using the MS3 for my viper. Its an internet forum, its not that serious. Anyway, heading out to work now. Will continue lurking later.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 13th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #42

Anarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 points
Send a message via AIM to Anarchy99
Bro if you intend to use the MS3 on your Viper then talk about it thats what the thread is here for and I am interested in seeing your car on the MS3. But we don't need info about Neons and how the SCT beats the AEM etc etc. The reality is that a stand alone is better for the Viper than an SCT its been tried and tested. So keep us posted on your MS3 install on your Gen 1!

Old December 15th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #43

AndyMac is not afraid of bears with 2521 pointsAndyMac is not afraid of bears with 2521 pointsAndyMac is not afraid of bears with 2521 pointsAndyMac is not afraid of bears with 2521 pointsAndyMac is not afraid of bears with 2521 pointsAndyMac is not afraid of bears with 2521 pointsAndyMac is not afraid of bears with 2521 pointsAndyMac is not afraid of bears with 2521 pointsAndyMac is not afraid of bears with 2521 pointsAndyMac is not afraid of bears with 2521 pointsAndyMac is not afraid of bears with 2521 points
Will is right when he says the MS3 isn't for you. (currently) What I don't agree with is, that it is "cutting corners". I believe the MS3 to be more powerful and diverse than the current AEM solution for the Viper, and at 1/4 the price. I will concede that it is untested in the Viper world.

Currently, the MS3 is geared more towards people like myself, that will do all, or most of, the work and tuning, and don't mind a few hurdles in the process.

We are just going to have to wait for a few Vipers to run the MS3 before we can get into this debate too much more, because it could fail miserably. (not sure how, but anything is possible)

Old December 15th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #44

Anarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 pointsAnarchy99 is not afraid of bears with 4165 points
Send a message via AIM to Anarchy99
^^ I agree Andy, I think it will be a great product once tried and tested. Then the discussion will be pretty interesting!

Old December 15th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #45
Enthusiast

turbo355 is a B-Teamer with 80 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
Will is right when he says the MS3 isn't for you. (currently) What I don't agree with is, that it is "cutting corners". I believe the MS3 to be more powerful and diverse than the current AEM solution for the Viper, and at 1/4 the price. I will concede that it is untested in the Viper world.

Currently, the MS3 is geared more towards people like myself, that will do all, or most of, the work and tuning, and don't mind a few hurdles in the process.

We are just going to have to wait for a few Vipers to run the MS3 before we can get into this debate too much more, because it could fail miserably. (not sure how, but anything is possible)
Hello guys im the one building the Interface for the Viper to MS3 .

I also agree with Will ,and Andy after some thought , Josh would not be the best choice for this type of install right now, i hope to have a gen2 close to me to do testing on to make sure everything works as it should .

The MS3 is very powerful in what its capable of doing in the right hands , but you can get over you head quick if your not careful , thats why im tring to put together a package that is both easy to install, and have a good base tune to start from , so your not starting from scratch.

I hope to set Andy up with the beta unit to try , and see how it goes from there , and i will keep you guys informed on the stauts of any Gen2 i can get a box on .

Old December 15th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #46

Moundir is not afraid of bears with 5291 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5291 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5291 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5291 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5291 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5291 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5291 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5291 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5291 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5291 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5291 points
The way I see it, is the more options we have the merrier. Good luck on your endeavor and hope the shit works. We need it to. It would be nice to have a standalone that is capable of doing the job of the big boys without the costs. If the AEM infinity ever makes it to market for the viper in this decade that would be great as well....

Old December 15th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #47

The Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 25981 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 25981 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 25981 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 25981 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 25981 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 25981 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 25981 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 25981 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 25981 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 25981 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 25981 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post

Very much agreed. I have used MS in the past and will use it again in the future. It is immensely powerful in the right hands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.