Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Anyone Have Experience with O2 Sims? (off-road only of course)

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  dave6666 
#1 ·
I did a side-exhaust conversion on my '02 GTS a while back and the O2 sensors wouldn't reach the new exhaust. I recently purchased some O2 simulators until I can replace the old sensor cables with new longer ones. The sims plug right in but they came with no directions. The place I got them from (don't want to get anyone in trouble) said that they were plug and go. There is a red light that is on the sims and it's blinking. With all the people on here and the experience that I've seen, I figured someone would have done this and knows if blinking is normal and whether or not the "check engine" light would have to be reset or if it would do it on it's own?

#3 ·
Thanks for the info. I just found out that they are the Roe Racing simms listed on their site, but it doesn't say anything other than that they are simulators. So far, I think they are a wasted because I can't tell any difference except my wallet is $175 lighter.

#6 ·
I plugged them and wired them to the frame but ever since car idles a little rough and higher than normal. Above 2,000 rpm's no difference when I disconnected sensors, but below is a different story. Before I spent the money I did a little bit of research and found that these were the symptoms of just tying them off (plus much worse fuel economy) and I was told by another source that these would fix all that.

#5 ·
Code:
went with foulers
Do those actually work well for Vipers? I've read on other car forums that they're great, others said they didn't work for them. Would be an easy solution :cool:

#7 ·
I've heard the same, applies for both foulers and sims and have read that on some vehicles each will do great and on some they won't. I'm not even trying to jack with the emissions, the sensors just won't reach. Would've been happier with some kind of extensions but couldn't find any.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.