Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Middle Console Removal

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ericgavinroberts 
#1 ·
I'm having a little trouble removing the middle console on my 94 R/t. I cant seem to get it to clear the parking brake. The entirety of the interior is removed aside from this piece and the door panels. So I'm not really sure where to go from here. Is there an easy way to remove the parking brake or loosen it? Missing something simple? :confused:

#2 ·
Pull back as hard as you can on brake handle to get the distance needed. Some are a pian to get off but can be done. Then tilt back upwards and bend tabs for the em. boot to remove from console. Slid boot sideways through handle hole and you should get enuff clearance to get console over handle.:D

#3 ·
You should be able to get the console to clear the ebrake handle without having to remove the boot by bending the tabs. At least that would be preferred as going back on that would be a pain in reverse steps. Like snkebit said pull the ebrake handle back as hard as you can and then lift from the back (where the sub is) pivoting up toward the windshield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.