Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

New car 1/4 Times

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  1999WHITEFRC 
#1 · (Edited)
I sold my Red '97 and bought a B/W '97 with 10,077 miles on it. It was 100% stock when I bought it, with original tires. I did the same mods as the Red car, drop in K&N's , smooth tubes, and a Magna flow cat back , thats it. On Toyo R888's it went a best of 11.54@121.34. It went a bunch of low 11.60's also. I had two other good runs that had the same 60ft as the 11.54 pass but got excited and missed 3rd both times :(. I knew they were gonna be good pass's. Ill just type the slip out as I dont know how to get a pic off my phone of the time slip and post it. This was at Cecil County Dragway in Maryland, not sure what the DA was. So here it is...Video is long I have to learn how to edit....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhOmrfqoYxQ&feature=youtu.be

60' 1.762
330 4.947
1/8 7.522
MPH 95.83
1000 9.705
1/4 11.544
MPH 121.34

#3 ·
Nice work dude

So why did you sell the red ?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free[/QUOTE

Thanks...At the time I had an LSX 2000 Firebird Formula with 2 stages on it and just couldnt justify having that money pit and a Viper in the garage. So I sold the Viper. I missed it instantly, and my girl says you sold the wrong car lol. So this past summer I got to the point I was tired of spending the money on the Firebird, and decided to sell the whole operation Enclosed trailer, car , and all my spares bottles and parts, before I hurt it. Its in Texas now and should go bottom 8's on 2 stages . I always wanted a B/W so I found this one and bought it.

#9 ·
Your doin 11.54 with smooth tubes and cat back. Thats it? Buddy! Put a gear in it. 3.55 or 3.73 and see how it"ll take down that Zo6.

Those zo6s come with 3.45s and that thing had H/C/I and what more Gear?

You made the best choice man! I couldnt sleep until i had a Viper and it was a choice between a zo6 and the Viper I had... Hands down the Viper is the Ultimate car!

#10 ·
Yep thats it....still had the spare tire in it. 3560lbs with me in it. Thanks...The Z06 had 3.91 gear in it. Im trying to decide what to do with this thing. Believe it or not I like the 3.07 gear in it. Im gonna keep it in as I would like to do some standing mile or 1/2 mile events with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.