Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Trying to figure out wheel offset. Can you check my math

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  2002_red_gts 
#1 ·
Well I’ve ran the number for about an hour to make sure this is right and here is what I have gotten
Stock wheel back spacing
18x10 front 2"=50mm offset
18x13 rear 2.5"=63mm offset

Now minus the spacer width that people are running to make the stock wheels flush which takes away from the offset.
front 50mm-10mm= 40mm
rear 63mm-25mm= 38mm

now subtract that to show the difference from the 20mm offset off the BBS's
40mm-20mm=20MM
30mm-20mm=18MM

So that is what should be needed to take off the wheels to make them flush which would be in inches

20mm x .0393= .786'
18mm x .0393= .707'

Does this seem right?

Now before I get flamed I’m not saying I’m going to do this I talked to a large commercial metal and machining company in San Diego that has all the high tech tools to work on these. I just need to know what is needed so they can determine if this is possible or not. Being forged wheels they are confident that if it’s not too much to be taking off that it will not be effected

See less See more
#2 ·
Stop PM'ing me on this if you wont actually take my advice.

1. you should not machine the Magnesium wheel , these things crack, break, alot easier than aluminum, they were made that thick for a reason.

2. the front fits fit pretty good as is, i put one on my boss's 98 we had here and i liked how it fit, it came right out to the hood line, so just put tires on and test fit them on the car. hypothetical measurements trying to get them to fit like oem wheels is not the best way, just test fit them to the car, alll the pictures of the other "comp coupe wheels" are all different wheels than the BBS you have. the oem gen2 wheels my boss's had on his gen2 gts that was lowered looked like they needed to be spaced out 1" to me, they looked sunken in and narrow. his car was on aldan low version coilovers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.