70mm Throttle bodys? worth it? - Page 2 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Chat · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

70mm Throttle bodys? worth it?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 21st, 2012, 04:23 PM   #21
Enthusiast

Tail Lights is a B-Teamer with 60 points
On back to back dyno test At exotic engine development ,my slightly warmed over 2001 GTS motor is (11:1 forged pistons, 708 cam and slow blead lifters) my motor didn't make any more horsepower, but it did create a lean spot between 2000 and 3000rpm
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 21st, 2012, 04:25 PM   #22
Enthusiast

Tail Lights is a B-Teamer with 60 points
Oops I mean 2500 to 3000

Old November 24th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #23

SUN RA KAT is not afraid of bears with 3390 pointsSUN RA KAT is not afraid of bears with 3390 pointsSUN RA KAT is not afraid of bears with 3390 pointsSUN RA KAT is not afraid of bears with 3390 pointsSUN RA KAT is not afraid of bears with 3390 pointsSUN RA KAT is not afraid of bears with 3390 pointsSUN RA KAT is not afraid of bears with 3390 pointsSUN RA KAT is not afraid of bears with 3390 pointsSUN RA KAT is not afraid of bears with 3390 pointsSUN RA KAT is not afraid of bears with 3390 pointsSUN RA KAT is not afraid of bears with 3390 points
Underground Racing wanted my stock throttle bodies over my 70mm Accu Fabs, so I sold my 70mm. I still have more power than I know what to do with.

Old November 26th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #24

Disturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18436 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18436 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18436 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18436 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18436 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18436 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18436 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18436 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18436 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18436 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18436 points
The big reason the 70mm TB don't do much above 3000rpm is because of the intake mani doesn't flow enough to make it worth it. Yes below 3000rpm it is pretty good. But above that the intake mani just will not flow the air.

So on a ROE, they are ideal, on a N/A engine it does help (with throttle responce and low end.) But in the upper RPM's, doesn't do alot.

Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:13 PM   #25

jasontiff is not afraid of bears with 33345 pointsjasontiff is not afraid of bears with 33345 pointsjasontiff is not afraid of bears with 33345 pointsjasontiff is not afraid of bears with 33345 pointsjasontiff is not afraid of bears with 33345 pointsjasontiff is not afraid of bears with 33345 pointsjasontiff is not afraid of bears with 33345 pointsjasontiff is not afraid of bears with 33345 pointsjasontiff is not afraid of bears with 33345 pointsjasontiff is not afraid of bears with 33345 pointsjasontiff is not afraid of bears with 33345 points
Send a message via AIM to jasontiff Send a message via MSN to jasontiff
Thought I'd throw up some pics as I do the install. My car will be down at least until Friday because one of the intake gaskets tore, but here is what I have so far.

Rag stuffed in the first inlet, Dremel'd and vacuumed out:

One done, one not:

Approximately how much material needs to come off to accommodate the Accufabs, using the new gasket as a template:

Previously in the thread, it was mentioned that you'd need ~20 of these to get all the material off. I am getting closer to 30, but that's only because the Dremel attachment that holds the sanding drum is losing it's grip on these, so they're getting less and less effective. By the time I got to the middle of the second inlet, the sandpaper would spin off of the attachment within 5-10 seconds. I went and bought a second attachment today so I can wrap this up with my sanity.

Stock vs 70mm:

Hopefully my car works when it's put back together.

-Kenny "You're Fuckin' Out" Powers, 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.