Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

6060 swap into a Gen 2

10K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  primedtsi 
#1 ·
I know some of you have done this. What exactly does it entail? I drove my car for the first time last night after the mile and I have some whine in 1st-3rd gear. I've been down this road before, I know what's coming. I have an extra t-56 out of a 2006 coupe that I could swap in, but I figure I might as well sell both t-56 trannys and step up to a 6060.

Also, if anyone has a line on a 6060, let me know. PM is fine.

Thanks,

Alk

#43 ·
On the T56 the reluctor ring is splined onto the output shaft and held still by c-clips. The gen3 t56(one piece t56 output) and the gen4 tr6060 are smooth since they use speedo's on the rear diff. I tacked welded the ring on in those small spots so that i could hit it easily with a brass hammer and remove the reluctor IF and EVER the trans needs disassembly. The reluctor ring is only 9bucks from tremec so not to big a deal...

It would be pretty hard to make a bushing to slide over the larger splines where the yoke is received and onto the smaller diameter of the output shaft. I think your over thinking the minuscule tack welds and the simplicity of making a spacer like I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.