Tx2k13 - Page 4 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Chat · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Tx2k13

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old December 15th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #61

mullet made Varsity with 763 pointsmullet made Varsity with 763 pointsmullet made Varsity with 763 pointsmullet made Varsity with 763 pointsmullet made Varsity with 763 pointsmullet made Varsity with 763 pointsmullet made Varsity with 763 points
Ahh the old bring a bike to a car event thing. Sweet
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 15th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #62

scottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 points
here is just a little example... he goes 219 mph... in a couple seconds.... lol probably like 6 seconds

Old December 15th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #63

Curz is not afraid of bears with 14989 pointsCurz is not afraid of bears with 14989 pointsCurz is not afraid of bears with 14989 pointsCurz is not afraid of bears with 14989 pointsCurz is not afraid of bears with 14989 pointsCurz is not afraid of bears with 14989 pointsCurz is not afraid of bears with 14989 pointsCurz is not afraid of bears with 14989 pointsCurz is not afraid of bears with 14989 pointsCurz is not afraid of bears with 14989 pointsCurz is not afraid of bears with 14989 points
^DAMN!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

Old December 15th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #64

scottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 pointsscottyitsk is not afraid of bears with 2891 points
exactly.. i tell him everyday... your crazy as fuck.... the first day i met him.. i said.. i have a tt viper.. i want to race ur busa.. lol.. he laughed at me... and said.. alright.. but its over 700 whp... i gladly said.. nvm lol.... like i said.. he will be out.. and he will be head hunting the tt lambos.... hes a real nice guy.. not cockey.. just a tuner like everyone else.. enjoyes nice cars and nice bike and nice people...

there has been more work done to his bike since that video.. he is now running 19 psi and there has been a ton more suspension tweaking done to help with traction.

Old December 15th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #65

sonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 56114 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 56114 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 56114 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 56114 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 56114 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 56114 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 56114 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 56114 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 56114 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 56114 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 56114 points
Thanks for sharing..BADASS Bike for sure.

Here's a video of some TF Bike friends!

Old January 12th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #66

Twinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 points
Here's the latest info for Drag day if you haven't seen it already.

Just like last 2 years, the plan will be to have test-n-tune and 2 rounds of qualifying on Saturday. 3 years ago the test-n-tune got rained out and so I'm building in that same buffer for 2012. Best case we will have 2-days of drag racing, worst case, only 1 like in 2010. If by chance rain ruins one of the days, the schedule will change accordingly and will be posted at LMP.

Also, instead of doing a stand-alone 60-130 event, i will have v-boxes available for you to use if you'd like to do some 60-130 runs. This will be available on a first come first serve basis and will be free of charge. The only caveat...you break the box, you buy it.

Directions:

From the host hotel, go WEST on I-10, stay on I-10 WEST for approximately 40-45 miles. Exit Beckendorf Road (Exit 713) and follow signs to LMP.

LONESTAR MOTORSPORTS PARK
120 Old Columbus Road South
Sealy, TX 77474
Phone: 979-877-0922

The track will open at 10:00 am on Saturday morning. The track will go hot at 11:00 am and drag racing will continue until 5:00 pm. The schedule on this day will consist of test-n-tune, 2 rounds of qualifying for the next day’s eliminations and 60-130 runs if you so wish.

Cost: spectators will pay $20 to LMP on Saturday. Racers will be able to purchase a "2-day tech card" on Saturday (NON-REFUNDABLE if you break on Saturday) for $80 (in addition to the $20 cost to enter). If a racer only wants to run on Sunday, the tech cards will be the same price as last year, $45 (in addition to the $20 cost to enter).

Food: concessions will be open all day

Sunday Schedule: the gates will open at 8:00 am and the track will go hot at 9:00 am. From 9:00 am until 4:00 pm we will have 1 round of qualifying and eliminations. Schedule will be as follows:

10:00 am - qualifying pass 1 (test-n-tune after)
12:00 pm - eliminations round 1 (test-n-tune after)
1:30 pm - eliminations round 2 (test-n-tune after)
3:00 pm - eliminations round 3 (test-n-tune after)
4:00 pm - final round eliminations
There will be a dedicated lane for test-n-tune ALL DAY LONG.

DRAG RACING CLASSES
TEST-N-TUNE
The lanes will be open all day for test-n-tune. This is the perfect venue for you to settle your grudges or to simply have the opportunity to run an UNLIMITED number of times!

GTR Class 1: Stock turbo, bolt ons only

GTR Class 2: Stock turbo housings, aftermarket internals allowed, all other bolt ons allowed

GTR Class 3: UNLIMITED

Street Car Class
I am redesigning this class and plan to have 2 street car classes, rules will be posted by 1/15/13....
This class will be administered by a sponsor that is local to Houston named ARD. They came to me with this idea and I liked it so much, I decided to give it a shot this year! Thank you to Owen Priest and ARD for helping me put this class together. This class can and should include Vettes, Porsche's, Vipers, Supra's, Camaro's, Mustang's, etc...
The rules:
--all entrants will be required to go on a 20-30 mile cruise and will have to stay behind a lead car and in front of an end car...any participant that falls out of that line for any reason during the cruise will be disqualified and entry fee will not be refunded...the cars that fall out can stay and test-n-tune all day...speeds on the cruise will be mostly highway and will be in the 60 mph range...
--the cruise will leave the front gates at Lonestar at 11:30 am...just after qualifying pass 1 and back in enough time to run qualifying pass 2 if wanted
--carpet, both front seats and door panels required
--inspection sticker required (in the state you live in)
--radio that works is required (which means you need speakers too)
--stock suspension required (all suspension components must be located in the stock locations)
--no tire rule
--no fuel rule
--no power adder rule

Comp 67's w/ TR6060 Swap

Old January 14th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #67

coupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyitsk
there has been more work done to his bike since that video.. he is now running 19 psi and there has been a ton more suspension tweaking done to help with traction.
Pics of bike please.

Old January 14th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
Pics of bike please.
shit.. looks like he took down his FB.. ill get pics when he texts them to me haha

Old January 16th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #69

Twinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 pointsTwinscrewd is not afraid of bears with 3192 points
looks like they added more classes for the supras and a new stick shift challenge.

DRAG RACING CLASSES

TEST-N-TUNE
The lanes will be open all day for test-n-tune. This is the perfect venue for you to settle your grudges or to simply have the opportunity to run an UNLIMITED number of times!

MK1 - MK3 MODIFIED CLASS - of note, this will be the only MK1-MK3 class as participation has dwindled and it no longer makes sense to have 2 classes here
-Max Turbo size 78 on 7M, 1J, 2J
-Nitrous Allowed
-Any Tire Allowed (no tub jobs though, fender rolling ok)
-Any Tranny Allowed
-Open DP Allowed
-Standalones Allowed

Class 3 (TURBO STREET)
Turbocharger inducer size of 72mm and less allowed. Stock Twin Allowes. Toyota 5 or 6-speed, factory/built Toyota automatic or TH350-400 transmissions permitted. NITROUS permitted. Methanol injection permitted. Drag radials or slicks are acceptable. MK1-MK3's are ok to run in this class as long as they meet the requirements as posted.

Class 4 (TURBO PRO)
Turbocharger inducer size of 82mm and less allowed. Toyota 5 or 6-speed, factory/built Toyota automatic or TH350-400 transmissions permitted. Car must retain full interior, IRS and run gasoline as it's main fuel (methanol injection permitted). No air shifted transmissions or other make transmissions allowed other than those listed above. NITROUS permitted. Drag radials or slicks are acceptable. No W tires allowed. MK1-MK3's are ok to run in this class as long as they meet the requirements as posted.

Class 5 (UNLIMITED)
Multiple power adders allowed. Gasoline and methanol permitted as primary fuel. Not required to run full interior (can be stripped), however it must retain IRS. Any transmission ok with the exception of air shifted transmissions. W tires allowed with a maximum size of 10.5W. All other tires allowed.

Class 6 (STICK SHIFT Challenge)
Cost to enter this class is $100 payable to me at the gate when you get to LMP. The winner will get 75% of the pot and the runner-up will get 25% of the pot (i.e. if there are 8 cars entered, the winner will get $600 and the runner-up will get $200). The only rule is that you must run an H pattern factory based transmission, no automatics allowed, any car make/model allowed.

Street Car Class
I am redesigning this class and plan to have 2 street car classes, rules will be posted by 1/15/13....

This class will be administered by a sponsor that is local to Houston named ARD. They came to me with this idea and I liked it so much, I decided to give it a shot this year! Thank you to Owen Priest and ARD for helping me put this class together. This class can and should include Vettes, Porsche's, Vipers, Supra's, Camaro's, Mustang's, etc...

The rules:

--all entrants will be required to go on a 20-30 mile cruise and will have to stay behind a lead car and in front of an end car...any participant that falls out of that line for any reason during the cruise will be disqualified and entry fee will not be refunded...the cars that fall out can stay and test-n-tune all day...speeds on the cruise will be mostly highway and will be in the 60 mph range...
--the cruise will leave the front gates at Lonestar at 11:30 am...just after qualifying pass 1 and back in enough time to run qualifying pass 2 if wanted
--carpet, both front seats and door panels required
--inspection sticker required (in the state you live in)
--radio that works is required (which means you need speakers too)
--stock suspension required (all suspension components must be located in the stock locations)
--no tire rule
--no fuel rule
--no power adder rule

*MK3's are welcome in any MK4 classes as long as they meet class requirements.

Last edited by Twinscrewd; January 16th, 2013 at 09:39 PM.

Old January 16th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #70

KDR83 is kissing alot of ass around here with 479 pointsKDR83 is kissing alot of ass around here with 479 pointsKDR83 is kissing alot of ass around here with 479 pointsKDR83 is kissing alot of ass around here with 479 pointsKDR83 is kissing alot of ass around here with 479 points
I had a great time when I went to TK2k4 back in College with my Supra, would love to go with my Viper but I think my Supra was faster than my Viper and I could barely keep up back then haha

Old January 16th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #71
RacingSolutions.com

Will at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 pointsWill at RSI is not afraid of bears with 9491 points
Send a message via AIM to Will at RSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDR83 View Post
I had a great time when I went to TK2k4 back in College with my Supra, would love to go with my Viper but I think my Supra was faster than my Viper and I could barely keep up back then haha
We can fix that!

Old January 17th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #72

Disturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 points
For the "street class" should it be run on premium pump gas? I mean, it is for a true street car and you dont do 500mi trips on E85 (stations are limited) or any form of race gas. Make the 2nd class for use with race fuel in a "street" car.

Furthermore why would Slicks be allowed, you don't run 500mi on a set of drag slicks.

I've always hated that "street car" classes use race gas and slicks/skinnies. IMHOP it ruins what a STREET class is about.

Class 1 all the same rules but limit fuel to 93 and DOT approved tires.

Class 2. The same as before but run any fuel and tire.

Last edited by Disturbed 01; January 17th, 2013 at 09:23 AM.

Old January 17th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed 01 View Post
For the "street class" should it be run on premium pump gas? I mean, it is for a true street car and you dont do 500mi trips on E85 (stations are limited) or any form of race gas. Make the 2nd class for use with race fuel in a "street" car.

Furthermore why would Slicks be allowed, you don't run 500mi on a set of drag slicks.

I've always hated that "street car" classes use race gas. IMHOP it ruins what a STREET class is about.

Class 1 all the same rules but limit fuel to 93 and DOT approved tires.

Class 2. The same as before but run any fuel and tire.
this will be my first year going...!! and im not fully grasping the whole street class aspect??? what the fuck are the street classes for? street cars drag racing classes?? etc etc? hahahah

Old January 17th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #74

Disturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 18224 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyitsk View Post
this will be my first year going...!! and im not fully grasping the whole street class aspect??? what the fuck are the street classes for? street cars drag racing classes?? etc etc? hahahah
The street classes are so that you don't have a street car running a gutted drag car. With that said, is it really a "street" class if you are running RACE gas and drag RACE slicks?

Full interior, and radio with all glass windows should be required. There is a bit of a gray area with some cars that come from the factory without AC and radio (think ACR Hardcore). However I say don't include them because nobody is going on a 500mi road trip without them.

Old January 18th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #75

KDR83 is kissing alot of ass around here with 479 pointsKDR83 is kissing alot of ass around here with 479 pointsKDR83 is kissing alot of ass around here with 479 pointsKDR83 is kissing alot of ass around here with 479 pointsKDR83 is kissing alot of ass around here with 479 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will at RSI View Post
We can fix that!
lol may have to think about it soon with all these new cars coming out with 600+ hp

Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:18 AM   #76

dam!! got some really bad news guys!!! my friends 780 whp turbo hayabusa, and all motor ducati, and his trailer was STOLEN on 1/18/2013!!!!!! not sure if we will be making it to tx2k13 this year or not!!!! just a shot out to everyone... IF YOU ARE FROM THE MARYLAND AREA, please keep you eye out for a BLACK TURBO 2008 HAYABUSA.. or a part out threat etc etc... the bike has a GT4088 turbo on it.

this fuckin blowssss

Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:28 AM   #77

coupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 13621 points
Sucks to hear stories like that... Hope he recovers the stuff.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:44 AM   #78

Just hope it doesnt end up like jessicas supra..... a 1000+ whp supra.. found in PIECES.

Last edited by scottyitsk; January 24th, 2013 at 12:49 PM.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:45 AM   #79

GIII is not afraid of bears with 3971 pointsGIII is not afraid of bears with 3971 pointsGIII is not afraid of bears with 3971 pointsGIII is not afraid of bears with 3971 pointsGIII is not afraid of bears with 3971 pointsGIII is not afraid of bears with 3971 pointsGIII is not afraid of bears with 3971 pointsGIII is not afraid of bears with 3971 pointsGIII is not afraid of bears with 3971 pointsGIII is not afraid of bears with 3971 pointsGIII is not afraid of bears with 3971 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hollywood View Post
If they could incorporate side by side roll racing on a runway in the Houston area, that wood be perfect. The street stuff is just too annoying and dangerous IMO.
I agree. Not worth getting hurt or hurting someone else. good call.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:52 PM   #80

slovenom is The Man with 1891 pointsslovenom is The Man with 1891 pointsslovenom is The Man with 1891 pointsslovenom is The Man with 1891 pointsslovenom is The Man with 1891 pointsslovenom is The Man with 1891 pointsslovenom is The Man with 1891 pointsslovenom is The Man with 1891 pointsslovenom is The Man with 1891 pointsslovenom is The Man with 1891 pointsslovenom is The Man with 1891 points
I'll be there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.