Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

"Venom" Custom PC i built Inspired by the Dodge Viper (Award Winner)

7K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  overZealous1 
#1 ·
I wasn't really sure where to Post this but wanted to show you guys my Latest Custom PC that was Inspired by the Dodge Viper.

It also Won the "Mod of the Month Contest" at Overclocker.net and was Featured on NZXT's Website.

I really wanted to share this with you guys and see what you guys think of it.

Its not just Pretty either just like the Dodge Viper this PC has some serious Horsepower!! She is running 5GHz 24/7 on 8 Threads with the ram @ 2136 MHz and packing for Video, a Radeon HD6970 @ 1000/1500 MHz.Completely Liquid cooled by 2 Radiators and 11 Viper Fans.Also under the hood is 2 Solid State Drives that read over 1000Mbs and a 1050 Watt Power Supply feeding this Beast! Its basically the same idea as Running NoS through your Dodge Viper!

Here's "Venom" I really hope you Viper owners like it: (I worked really hard on it)

Cant wait to see what you guys think.

Thanks for looking, MybadOmen

If Posted in the wrong section can a Mederator Please move it to the right section.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Its basically just themed off the Viper.I always Loved the Yellow Vipers.My friend sold his Vette a while back and bought a yellow Viper.Ever since then i have loved them.I actually built many custom Cars also in the past and am an ASE Certified Mechanic. One day a friend of mine told me about a thing called overclocking and benchmarking and that PC's could be liquid cooled,This was 12 years ago.All he said was Benchmarking is basically the same thing as drag racing and Overclocking was like running NoS through your Engine.Thats all it took and i didn't know even how to turn a Pc on really at the time.After i heard that i was off and running and it became a huge obsession.

But yeah i am basically a Gear Head that found a new hobby is all :) and i thought a long time about what i wanted to base the Theme of my new build on and once i figured out a color there was no question about it.It was going to be a Viper PC Theme.

Also i painted the PC with HVLP guns with an Automotive base coat / clear coat finish, Wet sanded buffed and polished it.

I know its not a Viper but just a a little way to show my appreciation of the Viper.I seen this section of the forum and had to post it here for you guys to see.

Anyway hope some of you guys like it. It is different i know that but its one of a kind. I do know i have seen a BMW themed PC so its good to know there is a Viper PC out there competing with them. And it did Win Mod of the Month and got Featured on some other big site's. I don't see a Vette one out there :) (Just bit of Humor)

#9 ·
It can't physically move...but in a quantum state it can exist at infinite locations at one time. Maybe he's invented a new quantum computing technique with infinite speed AND zero energy usage?

#10 ·
Lo no i wasn't speaking of me i don't do Liquid nitrogen. Mine is just running Distilled water biocide and a silver coil.

I was speaking of guys like these guys. But besides that did you guys like the build since you are the actual Viper owners or should i do something different to the build.I really would love some Input from the people that actually own and love the cars.I would love to make some changes to make it more appealing to you guys. Your Opinions mean allot to me that's why i came here.Please whether its good or bad Opinions or ideas let me know and i will try my best to make some changes to more accurately show off the Viper name.

Here is what i was talking about when i was speaking of the Liquid Nitrogen guys. I believe they are talking Celsius usually all Pc temps are stated in Celsius. But i could be wrong. but come one you Guys that love performance have to get a kick out of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UKN4VMOenNM#!

#17 ·
Venom is not for sale i just wanted to let you guys see it and im not sure i could get it much Faster. I benchmark it at 5.3 Ghz Stock the Processor is only 3.4 Ghz. Everything in Venom is Overclocked. The Memory,The Video Card, The Cpu and its all running under water.

Price i have invested is roughly 5 to 6 thousand i would say .Roughly. But i am reworking it right now. That's why i ask if there was anything that actual Viper owners would like to see changed.To make it more Official looking. Any idea's are highly appreciated. My ears are wide open.

And honestly guys you have some insane Vipers on this site!

And to the Color post .I love yellow cars. I have built many Custom Cars in my past and boats and bikes and many of them were yellow .LOL

#18 ·
Can't argue too much with the the "under the hood" build as it's a really well put together machine. You even have the fans in the right positions to properly move heated air out through the back. You'd be surprised how many builders botch up fan location.

As for design, this looks nice but different colors and using the Gen1/2 sneaky pete logo instead would help as most Viper owners are partial to the early model Vipers over the SRT production. As cool as the insides look, at least one of the side pannels needs to have the logo on it.

Whats the "Sneaky Pete" logo you ask?

This....

#19 ·
That bits i had both Logo's and couldn't figure out what one was most popular among the Viper Owners and Lovers.I thought i had it right but i guess not :( and now it would be a nightmare to redo it because its not stickers i actually Laid down Adhesion Promoter /Primer/ then a Yellow Base coat next a protective mid clear coat before laying down the Logo and name Venom in Jet black after that i laid down at least 8 coats of clear starting with light coats and finishing off with mid to heavy coats.Not to mention Wet sanding the hell out of it and buffing it with wool then a black waffle pad. So the Logo and name are really deep under the clear.

Here is an Up close Photo. You could imagine how rough it would be to change it now.

Oh yeah also thought you guys might get a kick out of this. Even the name of my Fans fits the Viper theme and the fans Push tons of air and cost a pretty penny but i had to have them for this build. (Notice the Name of the fans)

And here they are installed on the Radiators in Push /Pull configuration:

#20 ·
That bits i had both Logo's and couldn't figure out what one was most popular among the Viper Owners and Lovers.I thought i had it right but i guess not :( and now it would be a nightmare to redo it because its not stickers i actually Laid down Adhesion Promoter /Primer/ then a Yellow Base coat next a protective mid clear coat before laying down the Logo and name Venom in Jet black after that i laid down at least 8 coats of clear starting with light coats and finishing off with mid to heavy coats.Not to mention Wet sanding the hell out of it and buffing it with wool then a black waffle pad. So the Logo and name are really deep under the clear.
All the more reason to build another one called the "GTS" and make it the most popular color combo... blue and white. With the casing being Viper blue with a white logo and white accents. Notice I said VIPER blue and not just any old blue.

Oh yeah also thought you guys might get a kick out of this. Even the name of my Fans fits the Viper theme and the fans Push tons of air and cost a pretty penny but i had to have them for this build. (Notice the Name of the fans)

Good quality fans but 100% logo fail on that one. That logo snake is a Cobra not a Viper.

Time time shoot of some emails!

:D

#22 · (Edited)
Just wanted to let you guys know i emailed Dodge regarding Sponsorship to Upgrade Venom to the next Level and go into the Sponsored build Competitions. Crossing my fingers i would like tear the whole build completely down and totally redo it to the Extreme with only Dodge as a sponsor.So i could completely base everything one the Viper and Dodge name.I do have a few Companies that want to help sponsor my next build.But i really want to bring the Viper based PC to the top.If Dodge does support me the build will be built with the top parts out there and will be extremely Fast and have tons more Custom work done to it Including change of name and with the real Dodge and Viper Logos themed into the build.

I love the Viper and decided the route i want to go is to stick with the Viper theme and bring this built to the next Level.

So please guys wish me the best and if all goes well i would love some input from you guys and try to get every little detail to be based on the Viper.

Thanks for all the replies guys and keep working on your Vipers they all look insane.And i am sure they perform the same.I looked through many of your guys builds and some of them are absolutely Crazy and yeah my PC got allot of attention and won Contests World Wide but i still dont think it is at the point to actually represent a Dodge Viper.Allot of work and attention to detail has to be done to it .Including in your guys terms .A complete Engine Overhaul and stripped to the Frame and redone from ground up.But this time asking more questions from you guys the actual owners and doing allot more research to get it right.

Again thanks for looking guys and thanks for the replies and allot of helpful information.

Take Care MybadOmen

Update: Someone actually called me from Dodge today,But i guess i emailed the wrong dept.They said they are going to talk to the main company and call me back within the week. I am so siked!

#28 ·
Doesnt this Viper have the same Log that i have on the front of my PC? This is the viper that inspired me to build Venom:

Lol and you guys are a hard bunch to please. I thought you would love the idea that not only was it based on a Viper but it beat out all the other computers to win the MOTM.There are thousands of builders and only a few were nominated to be even in the competition I think the Viper theme is what won it. Can you imagine getting out of you nice Yellow Viper like the one above walking in the house and sitting beside a Viper Pc as you log onto Viper Alley :)

Oh yeah response to the Turbo charging it its basically the same thing as Overclocking.Its pushes the Cpu to the limit and beyond if you keep going just as a Turbo Charger or Supercharger would. And please don't get me wrong i am by far a computer geek i just Love Performance in any Flavor.Even my sons Power wheels are out of control.I have to put a center block in the front of his Power wheels jeep to keep it from flipping over backwards.The transition from Mechanic to PC Tech was very simple because most of the cooling and ideas are the same concept as working on cars.I still have to paint with HVLP guns,Still have to run either a coolant or Refrigerant,Always has to keep an eye on Temperature and Voltages which voltage could be considered boost on a supercharger.To much boost without the proper head Gaskets or to high of compression pistons and i think you all know what happens then.I honestly think you guys would really dig it if you actually got to sit there and dyno to you with cars or benchmarking to a Pc and see what they can do.

Anyway i hope you guys are taking the ladies out somewhere nice tonight :) Have a great day everyone.

Also by chance do one of you actually own this car i showed? I love it!

Oh yeah not sure if i posted it or not but a rep from Dodge already has contacted me.He is trying to see what he can do.I emailed him with the price i was looking for and he still called so who knows.Hard to believe i already have $5,000. invested and i figure another $6,000 and it will represent the Viper in a more proper manner.

Like it or Hate it i still wanted to share it with you guys.Because I LOVE your Cars!

Take Care MybadOmen. Cya soon

#30 ·
Doesnt this Viper have the same Log that i have on the front of my PC? This is the viper that inspired me to build Venom:

Yes.

a rep from Dodge already has contacted me.He is trying to see what he can do.I emailed him with the price i was looking for and he still called so who knows.Hard to believe i already have $5,000. invested and i figure another $6,000 and it will represent the Viper in a more proper manner.
The deal is we think it's cool, to be honest there's not alot pf PC/computer guys on this site. Most buy something turn key and call it a day as far as PC's are concerned.
You get the gist that we want to see another one built with the Gen2 logo's I showed you before with a giant graphic on the side panel. Start buildin' bub...

:arcade:

;)

#32 ·
is it me, or does water and electricity in a closed box with fans to send it everywhere sound like not such a good idea? lol
on a side note, put an actual water to air intercooler on it, or some methanol injection or a nitrous spray bar for when you really need to have more than 4 windows up playing video!!!

i am by no means a computer guy, but you obviously know what your doing and it looks good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.