Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

poly mounts yes?

9K views 58 replies 19 participants last post by  MTGTS 
#1 ·
Working a night shift tonight so I'm passing time by reading old threads and came across the polyurethane engine and trans mount thread.......Who has the best deal on these and are they really that good? I've always used 1 rubber and 1 solid on my muscle cars with no issues. Thanks.

#6 ·
I purchased poly motor and trayy mount from Mark Jorgenson @ Woodhouse and very happy with them. It eliminates tranny and engine twist. he knows Vipers and thier after sale support is AWESOME-they not only sell the stuff, but they know the Vipers and are ALWAYS there to help should you have a question or issue. I never had an issue with their parts, but I have had some DIY questions and glad I bought off of them/Mark. His contact is mjorgensen@woodhouse.com and is is also on the Alley too and is active posting stuff.

#7 ·
Had Woodhouse trans and RSI motor mounts in my last car. Worked out great but added a little vibration through the steering wheel and made my rear view
Mirror vibrate.

#13 ·
I tried to cross ref the part numbers and none match up. I'm going to call Polybushing.com Monday. $350.00 for poly mounts is a crime but if no other choice than I guess it is what it is. I may just fab a solid on the torque side and use a rubber on the pass.

#15 ·
Hmm! $80.00 Bucks for a 1 lbs @ Walmart. I already made the solid spacer for the mount [free] and just need to mark stud location. I could cut the spacer in half and make a wood mold for it to fit in and then fill it with Devcon. May not be any stiffer than a stock mount. Are you poking fun at me for being cheap?:rolleyes:

#16 ·
Yeah I'm gonna start buying hay and filling the trunk with it and burning it for a reduced cost power system, over gas and oil.

I really can't believe how much people bitch about the cost of parts. Some of what you are paying for is engineering and design. Good luck with your homemade shit.

#23 ·
I won't disagree with that in it's entirety, but when you factor in the time it will take, of which I put a pretty sporty price tag on my time, $350 ain't shit given the effort it takes to open the box with the premade goodies.

#24 ·
I spoke with Johnny from Polybushing.com and he is curently making a new and upgraded batch of engine mounts that will be ready in a week. Johnny claims his new mounts are all stainless steel with a different polyurethane than the 2007 mounts that are mentioned in some older threads. I will post results and pictures good or bad once I recieve my set.

#26 ·
I put the Woodhouse mounts on mine years ago. I know Mark Johnson at ISPCO has transmission mounts, but I don't know a lot about them...the price seems right ($46). His looks a lot like the Energy Suspension mount from the previous picture...

You could give him a call (303 252-4481) and get the skinny on them. He won't steer your wrong.

You might want to replace the transmission cross member while your changing the mount...I have Mark's one piece billet cross member on my '01.

#38 ·
Still waiting for the engine mounts but did recieve a poly mount from Energy Suspension, $25.00 plus shipping. Old mount is 1 3/4 high, new mount is 2 1/8 high. Used a small hand grinder and cut down the bottom, new hight is 1 3/8. Just for kicks I boxed the factory cross member with a 11x3 plate 3/16 thick. Will install later today and post any results with the new trans mount.

Attachments

#42 ·
I love this non-engineering home brew engineering that goes on here lol. Those humps you took off are to be compressed against the preload plate (that everyone incorrectly calls a shim) and they alter the energy absorbing and dampening properties of the urethane "spring" that the mount is.

Sometimes, parts designers (the ones at the manufacturer, not in a home garage), do know what they are doing ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.