Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Vid Autocrossed the TA today.

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  FLATOUT 
#1 ·
Took my TA out today and autocrossed it for the first time. I ran my ACR at this location last season twice so this was my third time out, and the first time for the Gen V.

The Gen V is setup really well for Autocross from a gearing stand point. The long first gear and 3.55's allow you to run the course in 1st gear and use some of the cars power.

The TA was much more balanced than the ACR was in the tight format. Car was quite neutral and didn't under steer like my gen 3 & 4 did. I am guessing the wider front wheels have a lot to do with this.

Also on this run I left traction and stability control on, and at two moments during the run I encountered downed cones requiring massive steering inputs to get the car around them. In both instances the car remained quite controllable.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bPRqTg5nCf4

#2 ·
And I'm laughing at the beginning to the video because every time I would pull up the the starting line they would start blasting, AMERICA, FUCK YEAH! (Team America World Police Theme) Good group out there.

#7 ·
Lol yeah it's close to home and inexpensive so I like to go a couple times a year In between road course events for fun.

The car put up quicker times than everything but a few race cars, I was very impressed.

#11 ·
Since I ran the course in first I'd say 60mph, but you are pulling over a G in those corners. Next time I'll record my max G's in the SRT Performance Pages.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.