Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

GT 500 Super Snake

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Matt 
#1 ·

Link to Article

Maybe not having the Ford GT's giving FoMoCo a bit of an empty stable complex. It's the only reason we can come up with for this ever-expanding need to expand the Mustang's horsepower and speed. Not that we mind, we're just trying to figure out the reasons why. Maybe there's no need to determine a why when it comes to numbers that we're told reach 725 hp. That's right, you heard me correctly. We're pleased to introduce you to what we're hearing are the newest performance packages from Mustang, the Super Snake. The folks over at MustangsUnleashed have the scoop on what they're claiming is Shelby's next performance package extension for the GT500, and we've got what they think is the press release from Carroll's little shop below in addition to our own shot above of the very KR-like Mustang *see link for pics*

"SHELBY AUTOS AND FORD RACING TO BUILD 600+ HP STREET LEGAL SHELBY GT500 "SUPER SNAKES"
Las Vegas - April 27, 2007 - Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500's into fire breathing "Super Snake" coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements to the Ford Shelby GT500's handling, styling and power; tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted). Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007."

See less See more
#4 ·
The mustang is really starting to remind me of the corvette. I give the mustangs credit for being fast as hell, but it is still a mustang, which you will see 100 of them on the road on any given day. I want to see what the dealers will be asking for them. WIth the amount if markup from the GT500, I can only imaging how much they will ask for these. :ugh:

#5 ·
Im just tired of seeing the Mustang. When they have a good exhaust, they sound great, but thats all they have, IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.