Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Anyone here into pro-street cars?

4K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Mister Bone 
#1 ·
I know that sceen died out awhile back but i have always liked the look. I may can pick up a 69 camaro witha lenco and a screw blower that is set up for the street. Anyone on here dirve big tired cars on the street

#3 ·
Hopefully the scene never dies out! Here's a pic of my dad in my 67 Chevelle SS, haven't driven it much on the street, but definitely drinks some gas. Mine has a turbo 400 w/ 4500 stall, 4:56 12 bolt in the rear. Originally a manual trans, converting it back to it.

Reactions: Curz
#5 ·
Hopefully the scene never dies out! Here's a pic of my dad in my 67 Chevelle SS, haven't driven it much on the street, but definitely drinks some gas. Mine has a turbo 400 w/ 4500 stall, 4:56 12 bolt in the rear. Originally a manual trans, converting it back to it.
Don't think that scene is going anywhere... nothing like rolling a fat tired car.

Nice Chevelle ! Bet your dad loves it!

The Nova has a 383 stroker 6-71 and the latest add-on is Fast EFI (throttle bodies based off 4150 holley bases)
Full 2.0 version stand alone management
Viper T56 trans
456's out back

Car drives just as easy as my stock Viper

#8 ·
Very nice.. You have some bucks in that bad boy! I'd like to go EFI one day, mines still has a ton left to do to it, but that's what all the funs about. Thanks for posting, always good to see some old school muscle on the street!

#12 ·
Just a Littlefield 6-71 at a 1:1 on a BB 496 Stroker pushing around 8lbs. Haven't dyno'd it or brought it to the track yet, no idea what it runs, but doesn't hook for crap on the street from a dig. From a 40 mph pull. Good Lord!

Still need to put in a roll bar/cage, paint the car, interior, etc... Long ways away from being finished.

I'm sure your's moves pretty good 383 stroker + 6-71 = torque monster!!!:D

#14 ·
Here is the car before he flat blacked it and took the supercharger off for a screw blower
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsuk50iIMl8]1969 Camaro Pro Street Test Drive w/ Lenco - YouTube[/ame]

#17 ·
Here is the car before he flat blacked it and took the supercharger off for a screw blower
1969 Camaro Pro Street Test Drive w/ Lenco - YouTube

What kind of power is it making ? As much as most out there dig the flat black
I am with you... paint it! Shiny over Flat any day on the musclecars.

Oh, and one thing about Lenco's is there is no engine braking , down shifting.
Make sure the car has an E-Brake for parking... probably the only time needed
will be on a steep grade. But , you have probably been in a Lenco car before?

Appreciate the props on the Nova. I really enjoy it. Pro Street cars are alot of fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.