Wheel failure - Page 4 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » The Garage
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Chat · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

The Garage A forum for non-Viper area for general car discussions.

Wheel failure

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old December 12th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #61

Snorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony - 98 GTS View Post
I have owned both HRE's and Volk's. I was also in the wheel business and consider HRE the best.....
Hmm...thanks.
I really like the 12-spoke Volks but they are hard to get. Guess I need to decide.
S.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 12th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #62
Finger Licken Good

Mister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 pointsMister Bone is not afraid of bears with 15598 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by terror View Post
I have HRE's, I like them but I have heard they are not meant for hard track use. I recall reading some people have issues with the two pc rims seporating, but that was a while ago.
Some HRE are not meant for track use. Best bet is to contact them and ask about the exact model and sizes for the application.

Or in short, some are poser and some are track wheels.

Old December 13th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #63

Snorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 pointsSnorman is not afraid of bears with 31876 points
I decided on the HRE's after some input from some of the shops that build and race these cars.
The HRE P44SC is a monoblock wheel and will be suitable for tracking the car.
Should have them on the car next Friday.
S.

Old December 14th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #64

zo6cammer  with -1328 pointszo6cammer  with -1328 pointszo6cammer  with -1328 pointszo6cammer  with -1328 pointszo6cammer  with -1328 pointszo6cammer  with -1328 pointszo6cammer  with -1328 pointszo6cammer  with -1328 pointszo6cammer  with -1328 pointszo6cammer  with -1328 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiavenom View Post
ok. so based on this. who makes safe track worthy high speed wheels? HRE. true forged. iforged. American racing. OZ. BBS.
dodge copperhead

Old February 27th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #65
Enthusiast

ttviperman is a B-Teamer with 126 pointsttviperman is a B-Teamer with 126 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bone View Post
That center does look cast on it.

I bet it was Chinese aluminum, not matter where it was made. Which seems to be in doubt yet.
definately looks cast and not much meat there to boot! That would totally suck ass! Make them take responsibility for their cheap shit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.