-FROG-'s Viper GTS Paxton Supercharger project pics - Page 5 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » Do It Yourself Tips and Tricks
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Chat · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Do It Yourself Tips and Tricks For the DIY crowd.

-FROG-'s Viper GTS Paxton Supercharger project pics

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old August 13th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #81

-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown408 View Post
Can you post a video/sound clip of it running would love to hear it!
Yea I'll need to get a video up of the car with the blower. Haven't gotten around to that yet. I have pre-blower videos up on youtube if you just search youtube for Frogs Viper... a bunch of stuff will pop up.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 21st, 2012, 03:42 PM   #82

1.8t made Varsity with 797 points1.8t made Varsity with 797 points1.8t made Varsity with 797 points1.8t made Varsity with 797 points1.8t made Varsity with 797 points1.8t made Varsity with 797 points1.8t made Varsity with 797 points
Where did you purchase your ATI balancer from?

Old August 21st, 2012, 07:06 PM   #83

-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points-FROG- is not afraid of bears with 8581 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.8t View Post
Where did you purchase your ATI balancer from?
Summit probably.

Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:43 AM   #84

primedtsi hangs with the Hiddens with 604 pointsprimedtsi hangs with the Hiddens with 604 pointsprimedtsi hangs with the Hiddens with 604 pointsprimedtsi hangs with the Hiddens with 604 pointsprimedtsi hangs with the Hiddens with 604 pointsprimedtsi hangs with the Hiddens with 604 points
Send a message via AIM to primedtsi
Frog any to update the photo links? Their all showing to be invalid now. Trying to see some of your pipe routing for the air-2-air.

Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:57 AM   #85

You might can see all the photos here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3329209&type=3

I'll post some pics below:

Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:59 PM   #86

coupe is not afraid of bears with 15051 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 15051 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 15051 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 15051 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 15051 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 15051 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 15051 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 15051 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 15051 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 15051 pointscoupe is not afraid of bears with 15051 points
A custom cross member looks to replace the factory aluminum piece but I can't quite make out the attachment method... Any better pics?

Old January 3rd, 2013, 04:14 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
A custom cross member looks to replace the factory aluminum piece but I can't quite make out the attachment method... Any better pics?
It comes with the Paxton kit I believe. Here' another pic:

Old January 3rd, 2013, 04:24 PM   #88

Alkybanshee is not afraid of bears with 8350 pointsAlkybanshee is not afraid of bears with 8350 pointsAlkybanshee is not afraid of bears with 8350 pointsAlkybanshee is not afraid of bears with 8350 pointsAlkybanshee is not afraid of bears with 8350 pointsAlkybanshee is not afraid of bears with 8350 pointsAlkybanshee is not afraid of bears with 8350 pointsAlkybanshee is not afraid of bears with 8350 pointsAlkybanshee is not afraid of bears with 8350 pointsAlkybanshee is not afraid of bears with 8350 pointsAlkybanshee is not afraid of bears with 8350 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by -FROG- View Post
It comes with the Paxton kit I believe.
Correct. The little tabs for the FPR were added though.

Old January 4th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #89

primedtsi hangs with the Hiddens with 604 pointsprimedtsi hangs with the Hiddens with 604 pointsprimedtsi hangs with the Hiddens with 604 pointsprimedtsi hangs with the Hiddens with 604 pointsprimedtsi hangs with the Hiddens with 604 pointsprimedtsi hangs with the Hiddens with 604 points
Send a message via AIM to primedtsi
Whose intercooler is that? Was looking on your Facebook to see how you mounted it to the core support but didn't see much detail. Any idea on your intake air temps?

Old January 4th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by primedtsi View Post
Whose intercooler is that? Was looking on your Facebook to see how you mounted it to the core support but didn't see much detail. Any idea on your intake air temps?

I just looked back and you can see the (2) silver tabs here, just under the bumper....

I bought the kit from "Alkybanshee" who just posted above... As far as I know, it was a custom intercooler kit his installer shop had put together. I think he said it was around a $3,000 custom intercooler if I recall.

I had to make some modifications to the core support area and cut off some of the stock brackets for the cooler to fit. I also hat to cut the underside of the front fiberglass bumper... The cooler is held in place by (2) brackets, one on each side of the cooler, and I bolted it into place. ALso, the IC piping is very stout and close together, so not much "give" at the silicon hose joints, so they also help support the cooler and aare an additional backup, keeping the cooler in place.

I had to make quite a few modifications to get that cooler to fit, but it was extremely worth it!

After installing a 160 degree thermostat and some "water wetter" in the radiator, to my suprise, the car runs cooler than it EVER did. However, this summer, I tested it in 100+ temps in a traffic jam on the highway and it got heat soaked as expected and the temps got a little hotter, but not in the red. I basically just had to drive it normally and not "race" the engine up on the RPM's and it was fine (of course this was in extreme conditions). However in regular daily driving, it's amazing how cool my engine stays!!!!!!!!

Not sure on actual internal air temps to the blower... but I can only imagine it is much cooler than the stock Paxton water cooled cooler...

Last edited by -FROG-; January 4th, 2013 at 01:13 PM.

Old January 8th, 2014, 12:36 PM   #91

ZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 points
Couple questions for ya Frog. I'm doing a build very similar to this right now.

1) What brand catch cans did you buy and what size line did you run from the valve covers?

2) I only see one supercharger belt for 96-02 Vipers. You said you had to switch belt sizes when you switched pulley size. Where did you get the belt and how did you size it?

3) What did you mount your fuel regulator too?? I assume it's not sitting in there loose?

Thanks!

Old January 9th, 2014, 01:27 AM   #92

Sorry about the day late response...

The catch cans were ordered from Ebay from what my notes say.... (Don't order the super cheap ones... NOT WORTH IT! I had to sell them on the side and lose a little money. Buy the $50+ ones with larger Filters and good healthy welds).

Oil Breather / baffled Catch Cans were ordered from Ebay - approx $100 for the pair.

Details about Baffled Aluminum Breather Tank / Oil Catch Can Tube with 1/2" Ports

Baffled Aluminum Breather Tank Oil Catch Can Tube with 1 2" Ports | eBay

The Belt:
I didn;t turn the motor over, but saw this on the SC belt... not really sure this is the right number - 7612DHKJ. Remind me to look again soon and I'll spin the motor and look for other numbers. Here is something I saw from a friend in my email search. For what it's worth.... "Yea im running a 4080465 belt on my supercharger. Its the factory size for the paxton kit."

Fuel regulator... it's mounted to the black strut tower brace.... there was a simple little bracket welded to it that the Aeromotive regulator mounted perfectly to. It was a custom weld from Elliot, who sold me the blower kit.

Hope this helps!!! Let me know if you have more questions!

Old January 9th, 2014, 04:29 PM   #93

ZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 4060 points
I have those catch cans saved already on eBay! lol

I have the same regulator and it's coming in the mail today from Summit. I will try and see if i can weld it to the strut brace. I really want to see if I can mount it directly to the end of one of the rails, but I doubt there is room. It would have to be on the left because on the right there is the throttle cable in the way.

I talked to Doug Levin today about the belts and he said I can buy a standard Gates 8 rib belt from Napa and it's the same thing as Paxton sells. Also, I am running a much smaller pulley than you so I will need a different length regardless.

Thanks for your help! I'm sure I will have more questions the deeper I get into this. I will let you know.

Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:07 AM   #94
Enthusiast

Novi is definately JV with 295 pointsNovi is definately JV with 295 pointsNovi is definately JV with 295 points
Hey man, I enjoy your Youtube vids.... you need to make some more!

Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:50 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novi View Post
Hey man, I enjoy your Youtube vids.... you need to make some more!
Thanks! I actually have my video camera charged up hoping to get my car re-dynod in the next few weeks and film it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » Do It Yourself Tips and Tricks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.