Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

2004 denali for a viper?

5K views 54 replies 30 participants last post by  8.0L>1.8T 
#1 ·
So I was curious as to what i could get for my Viper. So i put it on a local Craig's list type site we have here in ND. After about a day of advertising i get a message from a guy wanting to trade me His 2004 Denali. After i tell him "there's no way in hell i'm trading my Viper for a 13yr old SUV. He gets mad and starts sending me hate mail bashing the car he wanted so bad.

wall of text but kinda funny

Sent: 2017-02-17

I have a Custom One of a Kind 2004 Yukon XL Denali SS with a rebuilt engine, the original engine was running great and had zero defects but I wanted it with a larger Cam and the best components that can be used on this rebuild because I planned to put an Edelbrock Super Charger on it. So I shipped it out to motor city Custom's in Detroit to do the work. Its a 6.0L 364 all forged Titanium, Transmission was rebuilt to handle the extra power, they said with this rebuild it could handle up to 4000 HP with out hurting the engine or the transmission. The Drive Shaft was also upgraded. The rebuild was $24,455 installed and $250 tuned it has a ton of torque now. It had 364 HP stock now after the rebuild it has 425 HP tuned without the super charger installed. It would kick you back insane burning all 4 tires because it's an AWD with any kind of air induction supplied. It has custom Audi head lights plus a custom grill plus LED Tail Light that were $1100. K&N cold are intake. It has the winter tires on it now which are the original Denali 17" rims and new Cooper Tire 275/65/R17 with 1600 miles on it and in April I put on my Custom Made Giovanni 23" rims $1499 each with Kumho STX 305/40/R23 that are directional tires that has 1024 miles on them. It is always garaged unless we get a storm with 10 inches of snow I take it out to get groceries or whatever we need. In the 2004 XL Denali's they have a 6 disc CD changer in the front below the climate controls and I pulled that out and put an Alpine flip up 7" screen that plays DVD's, CD's, MP3's, Navigation plus it has an Ipod, Ipad or Iphone connection to the and you can run it from the Alpine and hide your Ipod if you want. Plus I pulled the stock stereo that needs Cd's to run the Navigation and I hated that so I pulled that out and installed a flip up Alpine 7" screen that plays DVD's from the main alpine. I also professionally installed a 19" LCD screen in the back behind the slide back moon roof this was custom because they mounted the 19" LCD right where it slides back. Putting a large screen in the back you need to worry about sag, proper use of the moon roof and no shaking on the highway. I got the screen where there is 0 sag and the moon roof operates perfect and no shaking going at 90 MPH. in the back I had limo tint over the factory tint so you can't see anything inside even when the LCD is on. I also wired where Both front 7" and the 19" can watch the same movie while Driving. I upgraded the Alternator to run all the extra electronics. The Motor City Rebuild shop put badges on the Denali calling it an SS so its mainly #1 of #1. They said it was there best work and put the original VIN on the rebuild so its a sleeper. If I trade this you would get both sets of tires and a box of extra additions I was going to add to the Denali which equals $3900 and it would had made this beautiful, like a hood intake near where the intake filter would have went on the supercharger. I was just about to mark it out to be cut and my employee saw your car. The Denali has a Viper Security with 1 mile range on its viper auto start. That one mile also warns you if anyone is touching you vehicle and you can go and check your Denali. It will tell if it was a shock sensor, door tampering or whatever set it off. The starter is cut off if the alarm is engaged so its can't be stolen and if it happens Viper has a 1 million Dollar Warranty. I would trade my #1 and all the extra's and both sets of tires and the strongest best built motor out of Detroit for your Camaro and I will also $6000 in your pocket if you want to put a stereo system in the back to add a lot of bass in the back. What do you think. Its Midnight black exterior with 305/40/23 Kumho SXT Tires plus 23" Giovanni Chrome Custom Wheels and 275/65/17 Cooper winter tires plus original 17" Alloy Rims. Plus one of the best interior packages That I have a lot of neon and LED lights you could install on the inside or on the outside included. Plus I have Chrome to be added to the outside to make it even more beautiful. Plus I have HUD lights for high, low beam plus for the fog lights I just haven't installed yet because I have been on disability for the past 3 years but I keep buying extra's for my Denali. Plus the Navigation will cut into the main alpine if you reaching a turn while the other LCD's keep playing without interrupting the movies. It has an 8" Rockford Fosgate sub-woofer professionally installed optical wire the same as the other speakers so it sounds like a movie theater. Plus it plays music from an Ipod like it has two 10" subs in the back. You can also adjust all the other speakers to be on and you speaker off if you need to be on the phone. It also has a $400 Carbon Fiber overlay on the dash, instrument panel which the gauges have a white upgrade with Blue LED's installed. The carbon Fiber covers the radio, climate controls and middle console also the vents in the front and the back including the back climate control. The front and passenger both have heated seats and are Captain Chairs. SO please get a hold of me and I hope we can make a reasonable Deal. I forgot I am using a prototype Spark plug from Pulstar Plasma Core Series Inconel Electrode Pulse Plug which cost me $19.99 for one plug. You can check them out on there website how much brighter they are. Please get a hold of me and can make a Deal.

I tell him no way. So Now he hates the viper lol

Sent: 2017-02-18

Go ahead and put your dying Viper with a huge engine which my Denali would kick its ass in a 1/4 Mile with upgrades we can install for 12K. a V-10 putting out 400 HP right now I have more horse power I could kick you ass in the winter, off road and the strip plus yours is 20 years old and depreciating. No one wants old Viper's anymore they are a shiny dick with no balls. Have fun driving it for 4 months tops out of the year. I got a Pro-Charger DCS-1 that I could have installed for 5K by my shop and it woould be embarrassing getting your ass kicked by a 6500 LBS Denali and yours weigh 4300 LBS my leather interior that drives like a Cadillac would have you in the rear view watching a movie while your spinning to my AWD toasting you off the line. It should be the other way around I wouldn't trade my 5 month engine for a 20 year old car you cant drive for for 3/4 of the year.Four Doors can kick your ass now in this old car its barely OBII adaptable. My bad for contacting you I thought you had sense of Financial Money. 20 year old with a rusted under body to a perfectly sprayed under-body. 300,000 mile Drive Train on this beat of an engine. I give you 80K and you will lose or is already losing compression and selling will be difficult. Corvettes are better cars anyways.

Sent: 2017-02-18

Write this one off as a dead beat old Viper. Did you know a 1994 Viper hold more value than a 1997.

now a month later i randomly get this

Sent: 2017-03-14

Now Im working on a 2017 Camaro ZL1 supercharger and we swapped the engine out with a wrecked 2015 Z/28 427 and putting the supercharger on that plus Im adding on a PSC-1 Stage II inter-cooler that rams the air into the front intake and adding on new Fuel injector's spitting a ton of fuel. Rear wheel 900 plus 3 times yours. Set up and Ill race you with My Denali and my Camaro. Then we will see who has a Viper.

Sent: 2017-03-14

Drive your Viper in the winter. I bet my summer Denali just as many looks as yours does escpecially when I blow your doors off. Plus I could raise it 10 inches and go off road where you could even dream of 20 year old Viper. I bet the leather is cracked and everything is analog with your kick ass radio that plays CD's with no Iphone or Ipod on your radio or nor Navigation. Sit them side by side you will get looks but I bet I get more people looking under my hood and LCD's and lights, Mine is rear round with tons of customization s you can through at it with the power. Yours can just sit there burn the tires for a couple seconds then what Hey I have a 97 Viper look.

See less See more
#44 ·
Classic thread, reminiscent of Viper1, this pos looks like something one of those wannabe chicano gangsters drives, a real giovanni pile of shit, funny thing is with the license plate and his number I can find this guy by tomorrow.. lol I really do live for this shit.

Any ideas how we can fuck with this Denali dipshit a bit more ?

#9 ·
I think the Old English font and Giovanna rims should tell you everything...

The custom car scene is full of fucktards who are oblivious to resale value on modded vehicles. The worst is the SEMA crowd. "I've got $200k into my Denali HD 2500 with fiberglass throughout the inside and custom airbrushed paint scheme. It's a 2016 and has 2,000 miles. Stock this truck would sell for $55k". Yeah, you probably do, and it probably would. So here's $50k for your modded lowlife shit box.

It's hard to get money out of mods on highly desirable cars. Just look at the TT Lambo SV that sold in the mid 300s. Or other TT lambos that shortly after builds have taken huge hits. Morons dump tons of money into shit cars and expect a return? LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.