Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Dream Car VS Luxury?

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  b3rndtt0ast 
#1 ·
So I will spare you my story and mental battle over this next question and get right to the meat of it!

I have a 1994 that I've had re-painted as I waited out the winter season (picking it up in two weeks). Debating trading up to a 2001 RT-10?!

Total investment into the car is probably around 23,000 and was looking around to see what I would get for it, hypothetically. Viper red, metalic silver striped, custom viper floor mats, regular maintenance, very minor upgrades, 57k miles.

Should I?

What could I expect to get for my car?

Only debating for the obvious reasons: power windows, better heat venting, ABS, POWER WINDOWS, door handles, did I mention power windows?

#9 ·
It sounds like you want the gen II so get the gen II. Emotional investments in inanimate objects aren't really logical. I understand where you are coming from, but just get the car you want, you will be happier for it.

#10 ·
yaaaa. I've got the car I want. It's just living in the city and ALWAYS in traffic. Heating is an issue and inclement weather... I'm just thinking based on where I live power windows and better venting would enhance the experience. There's been occasions where I've got caught in the rain, pulled over to put windows on, ruined door speakers twice... Maybe wait a few more years and just add another snake to my collection. Opinions from you guys and my friends are all over the place. So hard to make a decision

#11 ·
I bought a Gen. I when I couldn't swing a GTS. If I had the scratch I would have done a Gen. II in a heartbeat. Sure, I told my buddies at the meets that mine was the "real" Viper with no door handles or windows, but I sure as fuck would have taken a GTS over it. If you're actually driving your car, I'd go for something that will treat you a little nicer. Granted, a Gen. II still isn't going to pamper you with luxury, but you'll have an extra amenity or two and a better-looking hood and interior.

Disclaimer: I still want a black Gen. I one day, but only as a second Viper.

#12 ·
Gen 2 is about the perfect Viper. Drive to the track and run it, drive home. Great for short trips under 50mi. Best looks and just enough to be daily driveable. With that said a Gen 5 is the 1st Viper that would be considered a true GT car. Just remember the newer the Gen of viper the less raw it gets.

#13 ·
great perspective.

Also, it is the Viper I want. It took me driving it around the city, four seasons, and traffic to make me day dream of trading up. My buddy has a yellow 01 GTS and he planted the seed of doubt. Though he's jealous at my ability to drive convertible :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.