Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

high idle and hanging?

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  GTS Dean 
#1 ·
car started to idle very high and hang when reved up. I sprayed around looking for leaks but found none. What is next step?

#3 ·
Try taking out your IAC motor and giving it a good cleaning. Then check your TBs for gunk as well. Hopefully that solves it, the other end of the spectrum is a bad ground somewhere which is a pain in the ass to look for. Anyways, search "idle hang" here and on the other site and you'll find tons. If U need any help shoot me a PM, im on the vca site (under the same screen name) more than here.

#4 ·
Make sure you use throttle body cleaner not carb / choke cleaner. The latter will screw up the seals and other things in the IAC. After it is all shiny inside, give the inside a good hosing with WD40 or equiv. Shake out the excess and install. The IAC will take some time to relearn based on my experiences with this.

#8 ·
Took iac out and found a piece of trash blocking it from closing cleaned that and car is much better will idle low again but still hangs just a bit when revved but I only ran it for a few minutes

#14 ·
Me too. Probably as a result of occasionally power washing the motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.