Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Build Thread: RSI Twin Turbo Street Kit Install (Gen. 2)

31K views 250 replies 51 participants last post by  Anarchy99 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Many of the RSI turbo cars tend to be taken to shops to be installed or maybe someone has done one at home but not done too much documentation. I am doing the whole install with Disturbed01 in the garage like the kit was made for :) I want to document how the parts arrive and what they look like etc so everyone can see from beginning to end.

What we will be installing:

RSI Twin Turbo Street Kit ( This is our primary concern to document EMS/Gauges I will try and include as well )
67 Upgraded Turbos
Custom 3" Cat Back Exhaust (Thank you Tiff)
Will need custom connector pipe
AEM EMS
AEM Serial Datastream Gauges
Dual Pillar Pod (Thank you Blacksnake)
Raptor Shift Light

Tool List (Besides basic hand tools):
Air Compressor w/ accessories (Going to purchase, recommended)
Impact Wrench (Going to purchase)
Jack stands/Ramps (Owned)
Floor Jack (Owned)
Air Body Saw (Going to purchase, RSI recommended)
3.00 Hole Saw (Going to purchase, RSI REQUIRED)
1.75 Hole Saw (Going to purchase, RSI REQUIRED)
Hole Saw Arbor (Going to purchase, RSI REQUIRED)
3/8" NPT Tap and Corresponding Drill Bit (Going to purchase, RSI REQUIRED)

I can finally kick this off with some pictures, below is what I have received so far. Waiting on turbos, bovs, wastegates, fuel system, small stuff like second air filter and the AEM EMS:

See less See more
#14 ·
You and 1.8t are basically doing the same kit (stock forged motor with 6766's) except you are running an AEM correct? If so, it would be interesting to see the differences.

#15 ·
Yea I have the AEM, he also has the upgraded intercooler and boost controller. I think these threads are great for the exact reason you just mentioned. Compare setups through various upgrades and options.

Beer-Man... no restrictions let's schedule the delivery lol.

#23 ·
Im happy to see you finally get to get things started!!

Just remember buddy... TAKE YOUR TIME... go the extra step if you see something during the build and go "hmmm that should be fixed or upgraded." Dont get frustrated because something is bound to not fit right or be a bitch so to say!!!... like all the guys told me on the alley... stay focused... and take your time.. cause in the end.. you will have one badass rod!!

take lots of pictures during the build!! its always helpfull to fellow viper tt diy people!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.