Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

New M5 vs GTR

4K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  Username 
#1 ·
That's pretty impressive for a mid size 4 door sedan..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVBr4VmW1c0]BMW M5 F10 vs Nissan GT-R R35 (both stock) - YouTube[/ame]

#3 ·
Pretty impressive considering the M5 is a 4 door.

#7 ·
You know what else is impressive?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvHTN0Yi1t4]Tesla Model S vs BMW M5 Drag Race - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, the M5 launch is not-so-good and it starts pulling at the end, but the Tesla won 2 out of 3 showing that consistency is often the deciding factor on the street.

Reactions: plumcrazy
#19 ·
#8 ·
^^^ The Tesla is better looking for sure. I've seen the interior and it is awesome.

#9 ·
I want one badly...need to acquire more currency. Or I could just go into massive debt like most of America and be bailed out...

I might wait for the 2015 "Blustar" they are coming out with. It's gonna be a 3 series competitor. Should be priced starting around 30. Batteries are getting cheap too. Envia's stuff should bring 300-400 mile range at totally reasonable price.

#10 ·
Biggest thing for me about the Tesla is that I wouldn't be able to take it in a long road trip. I like them a lot but will want to see improvements to range and recharge time before I would buy one.

M5 is a monster but looks completely bland.

#11 ·
The Superchargers already cover road trips within Cali and out to Vegas. Within 2 years they'll cover the greatest part of the nation. Those give you around 3 hours of driving time in 50 minutes. Stop to get something to eat, take a whiz, or stretch your legs. Will it satisfy the hard core road tripper? Probably not if you do it all the time, but for the odd trip, seems fine to me.

#12 ·
Performance is quick, but plenty of drivers have already stated the cars are even more numb and bloated feeling then before, even against the current V it had the edge in performance but the V was still the pick for way more fun to drive. I can't believe BMW now has 'artificial synthesized' engine sounds blared through the speakers now lol. And it looks like a 7 series now, which actually I think the 5 series is based on the 7s platform. Go fig, Benz is on a roll, new cars just drive so sharp and still have that raw edgy feel. Benz models now are more fun the BMW, pretty crazy.

More interested in what GM does with the next V.

#16 ·
As long as they can find a way to get almost a full charge in say 20 minutes or less, I think the cars will become more more mainstream. Still, it' won't be something you can coast to coast for many years I think.

#17 · (Edited)
I wonder which model year r35 that was versus the new m5... Being that they range about 50hp

This weekend I spent some significant wheel time with a decently modified r35 with built trans.. The way those things move out from a stop is just going to murder anything that doesn't also have AWD and make its shifts so fucking fast... At least at a stop light. My car pulls harder on top than the gtr I was driving... But at a stop light forget it, I'll be wrestling my shifter and wheelspin and this gtr would be a block away before I'm moving

#20 ·
Love these cars, and seriously considering buying one. But Im with Rocman. No way you can own this car. You have to lease it..... And just know your pissing away (roughly) $1500/month on a car., and decide if its worth it to you, based on that.

If you write a $105k check for this car... You'll be lucky if you get $50k back in 36 months.. Thats assuming low miles, and youve kept it mint.. $40s if it was a daily driver.

I was quoted $1388/mo on a $106k msrp car, for 39mo lease.. But you add back taxes,etc,etc, and your pretty darn close to $1500

#22 ·
i always felt the GTR (at least the early ones) had a dead zone in power. Seemed like it would be when the cam's were fasing. Not a loss of power, just didn't feel like a gain in power for 1k rpm or so.

Snor is right though, from a Dig they are ruthless...and they are crazy consistent. Pulled away from a 458 CS, with 3 adults in the GTR...both stock.

#26 ·
My friend just took delivery of his M5 , delayed at port for them to replace oil pump pre-delivery. The car is a beast, fast, tight, luxurious and probably the most confidence inspiring car I've ever driven. I, and I think he, prefer it over his 2012 Alpina B7. Good luck finding park on the SMG though.. lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.