Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

How do you sleep in a Viper?

3K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  ttviperman 
#1 ·
On my first leg and miserably tired. Pulled over to sleep but can't find a position.

#9 ·
If you are so tired that you need to stop driving, you should not be concerned with comfort. You should be able to sleep sitting up.

#11 ·
I'm broke til the air force fixes my pay. They didn't give me my last few pay checks because of sime error. They kept telling me 5 mire days, until months passed. Between that and the move I'm out if savings but I guess they finally fixed my pay and owe about $20k.

This shit sucks.

#15 ·
I already own a house and a separate rental. My only prob now is them messing up my pay before my contract was even up, then telling me last minute I couldn't reenlist, then messing up my pay again, then messing up my advance pay formoving, and being stuck with all the moving expenses on top of paying out of savings for the last couple of months.

#16 ·
I've tried to catch an hour of sleep on a drive back before...it doesn't work. Both times I wound up getting a hotel and getting a GOOD 2-3 hours of sleep versus half-assing it in the car. Both times the car was perfectly fine when I went outside. We tend to assume the worst, but most people have better things to do than fuck with our shit.

Reactions: sundiego
#17 ·
To answer the original question - uncomfortably, if at all.

Reactions: sundiego
#19 ·
The only way I wasle to nap in the car was to goto the passengers seat sit put 2 small pillows in it. Then sitting in it sideways, put the window down, hanging my head partly out with my legs over the center console. That a nice nap in the shade with a light breeze.
Gonna have to try this. I haven't slept more than 20 mins since I left. I'm about to be in akbuquerque

#27 ·
I tried to sleep in it once while I was waiting for a friend, outside of an office for like 2 hours. It was horrible. Also the first night I drove it home from charlotte to houston, i pulled over for a quick nap and could not find a single good position to get any sleep what so ever.

#29 ·
I bought my gen3 from an 81 year old man, flew to south beach Miami to get the car. Spent the night drinking margaritas (and yes South Beach has killer f'n margaritas!), drove 20 hours straight then tried to sleep for about 2 hours at a rest stop. That was totally useless!!! After getting cooked like a tv dinner from heat off the floorboards for 2 hours I said the hell with this and drove home...... spun a bearing shortly after...... and sent it to RSI! So far, not a very memorable experience with my car for the short period I got to drive it but Im looking forward to making up for it with a new engine and tt's:))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.